DINODISC LASERDISC & RETRO GAMES
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DINODISC LASERDISC & RETRO GAMES

DINODISC IS A FORUM FOR COLLECTORS TO CHAT , BUY AND SELL LASERDISCS & RETRO GAMES

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

RIP Elisabeth Sladen - Sarah Jane Smith x x x

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Darth Laser

Darth Laser

RIP Elisabeth Sladen - Sarah Jane Smith x x x Empty
PostSubject: RIP Elisabeth Sladen - Sarah Jane Smith x x x   RIP Elisabeth Sladen - Sarah Jane Smith x x x EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 2:04 am

R. I. P Elisabeth Sladen.
A wonderful and enthusiastic actress, a genuine Legend of the small screen,
and the greatest Doctor Who companion ever... Ever.

She will be missed and remembered affectionately by generations of Who fans

Last edited by Darth Laser on Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RIP Elisabeth Sladen - Sarah Jane Smith x x x   RIP Elisabeth Sladen - Sarah Jane Smith x x x EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 2:23 am

Very sad, she was only 63, I really wasn't expecting it.

Only about a month or so after the loss of Nicholas Courtney as well.

Very sad.
Back to top Go down
laserkb

laserkb

PostSubject: Re: RIP Elisabeth Sladen - Sarah Jane Smith x x x   RIP Elisabeth Sladen - Sarah Jane Smith x x x EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 3:46 am

Good bye, Elisabeth. Another part of my youth has now gone, but her legacy remains.

She once said: "Sometimes good television doesn't depend on money, it depends on imagination and good people directing, casting and doing the job with talented people."

Well, she worked with the very best - and she WAS one of the very best.
Back to top Go down
PeaceMaker1

PeaceMaker1

PostSubject: Re: RIP Elisabeth Sladen - Sarah Jane Smith x x x   RIP Elisabeth Sladen - Sarah Jane Smith x x x EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 10:38 am

I have met her and she was really lovely. RIP Elisabeth Sladen.

But seriously...Shouldn't this be in the 'Off Topic' section?
Back to top Go down
Darth Laser

Darth Laser

PostSubject: Re: RIP Elisabeth Sladen - Sarah Jane Smith x x x   RIP Elisabeth Sladen - Sarah Jane Smith x x x EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 10:53 am

Myself, laserkb and hippiedalek have had previous chats about lds and doctor who,
i just heard the sad news and felt this the busiest area and most appropriate place to leave a little tribute to a wonderful lady.
Does it really matter?
Back to top Go down
PeaceMaker1

PeaceMaker1

PostSubject: Re: RIP Elisabeth Sladen - Sarah Jane Smith x x x   RIP Elisabeth Sladen - Sarah Jane Smith x x x EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 11:12 am

I am all for tributes and nice comments, i was lucky enough to meet her last summer and she had loads of time for every fan, personalised autographs, always said "yes" to a quick snap at her signing desk...and boy I can tell you, her 63 years all considered and really up-close, she was totally drop-dead-gorgeous! I had just watched Planet Of the Spiders on DVD and Terror Of The Zygons on LD Last night and on Monday respectively...

But obits belong in the off topic section, that's why it's there. To use hyperbole for a moment....

Will I sign in tomorrow and expect to find gardening tips and cooking recipes in the LASERDISC CHAT section? Or how to service a 1980 Morris Marina Coupe?
Back to top Go down
laserkb

laserkb

PostSubject: Re: RIP Elisabeth Sladen - Sarah Jane Smith x x x   RIP Elisabeth Sladen - Sarah Jane Smith x x x EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 3:34 pm

I don't agree that this should be 'Off Topic' and it's in no way comparable to gardening tips and cooking recipes. What have they got to do with laserdiscs?

It's very pertinent to a forum that includes reviews of films and TV - the site is not limited to posts just about hardware and calibration discs. Elisabeth Sladen is on my TV as I write, playing from my laserdisc of TERROR OF THE ZYGONS. Now if that's not appropriate to this forum I don't know what is! And she shall be missed.

Naturally, I wouldn't expect EVERY film or TV actor who goes to the great casting couch in the sky to get an obit, but we are talking Doctor Who here, and it's interesting to note how many registered users are big Who fans, too. Allow them their moment of respect and reflection.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RIP Elisabeth Sladen - Sarah Jane Smith x x x   RIP Elisabeth Sladen - Sarah Jane Smith x x x Empty

Back to top Go down

RIP Elisabeth Sladen - Sarah Jane Smith x x x
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DINODISC LASERDISC & RETRO GAMES :: LASERDISC CHAT-
Jump to: