DINODISC LASERDISC & RETRO GAMES
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DINODISC LASERDISC & RETRO GAMES

DINODISC IS A FORUM FOR COLLECTORS TO CHAT , BUY AND SELL LASERDISCS & RETRO GAMES

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

MAY COMPETITION No.1

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
laserkb

laserkb

MAY COMPETITION No.1 Empty
PostSubject: MAY COMPETITION No.1   MAY COMPETITION No.1 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 3:00 am

Hi there,

Now that the Royal Wedding hullabaloo is over (bar paying the bill) and everyone's had the chance to settle down, we can now sit back and relax with another Bank Holiday Monday. (Hey, we've not had one of those for a whole week now, so come on!) Forget that trip to the grid-locked motorway, postpone that visit to IKEA or the Garden Centre. Yep, it's tme to put your thinking caps on for this month's brain-teaser.

Arrow Below are 10 clues which require a bit of film knowledge and some lateral thinking. Each clue should lead to a film title. All the films are available in laserdisc editions. The year of of the film's release is given in brackets and EACH TITLE IS A SINGLE WORD.

When you have all 10 titles, take their initial letters and re-arrange them to make an 11th title - also one word - and that is the end Exclamation

1. Washington bounces back. (1991)

2. A woody worker meets a sly soldier. (1998)

3. Blade that previously had a strange beery quality! (1981)

4. Herbert's Sands. (1984)

5. I'm as mad as hell and I can't take ABC any more! (1976)

6. Steven's slave ship. (1997)

7. See a good man this afternoon, but literally in the morning. (1993)

8. Mobsters now selling pizzas! (1990)

9. Service provided by UPS, TNT and DHL. (1972)

10. The Woolf man becomes a woman in Florida. (1992)

The re-arranged initial letters of the films above spell _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _. (1998)

The first person to send all 11 correct answers as a PRIVATE MESSAGE will win a laserdisc of their choice from those offered. (In the event that no one gets all 11 answers - hardly likely - the winner will be the person with the highest number of correct answers.)

You have nearly a week to cogitate (it's OK, it's legal) and the competition closes at midnight (UK BST) next Sunday (the 8th). The name of the winner and the answers will be announced next Monday (the 9th) on this thread, following which there will be a second COMPLETELY DIFFERENT (and probably easier) competition .

Good luck and continue enjoying the sunshine! sunny
Back to top Go down
PeaceMaker1

PeaceMaker1

PostSubject: Re: MAY COMPETITION No.1   MAY COMPETITION No.1 EmptyTue May 03, 2011 8:17 am

Very cryptic
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MAY COMPETITION No.1   MAY COMPETITION No.1 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 5:13 am

Wooo! Go me!

Having trouble deciding which to go for but will let admin know soon.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
PeaceMaker1

PeaceMaker1

PostSubject: Re: MAY COMPETITION No.1   MAY COMPETITION No.1 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 5:15 am

!!!Gritted teeth!!! - Well done - !!!Gritted teeth!!!!

Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MAY COMPETITION No.1   MAY COMPETITION No.1 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 5:42 am

Just noticed I clicked reply in the wrong thread. Should have celebrated in the new competition thread...

PeaceMaker1 wrote:
!!!Gritted teeth!!! - Well done - !!!Gritted teeth!!!!

Wink

Still plenty of time to try out the Creative Competition. I still seem to be the only person who's entered it!

There's also the new String Theory one too.
Back to top Go down
PeaceMaker1

PeaceMaker1

PostSubject: Re: MAY COMPETITION No.1   MAY COMPETITION No.1 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 9:04 am

I did not see it soon enough, I blame the time zone differences!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MAY COMPETITION No.1   MAY COMPETITION No.1 Empty

Back to top Go down

MAY COMPETITION No.1
Page 1 of 1