DINODISC LASERDISC & RETRO GAMES
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DINODISC LASERDISC & RETRO GAMES

DINODISC IS A FORUM FOR COLLECTORS TO CHAT , BUY AND SELL LASERDISCS & RETRO GAMES

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

RAY HARRYHAUSEN DISCS

Go down 
AuthorMessage
laserkb

laserkb

RAY HARRYHAUSEN DISCS Empty
PostSubject: RAY HARRYHAUSEN DISCS   RAY HARRYHAUSEN DISCS EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 4:31 pm

In my efforts to collect the Dynamation films of Ray Harryhausen I've ended up with duplicate copies of 2 of the Sinbad films, so I was wondering if any forum members out there would be interested in buying them from me.

They are THE 7TH VOYAGE OF SINBAD and THE GOLDEN VOYAGE OF SINBAD. They are both 2-disc Pioneer Special Editions (NTSC) and are in perfect AS NEW condition - no marks on the discs (which are in CAV across 3 sides) and the sleeves are immaculate - no crease, tears or shelf-wear. The first film is 88 minutes, the other is 106 minutes. They both feature the option of the music score isolated on a second audio channel (Bernard Herrmann's music for "7th Voyage" is particularly striking). These are stunning editions from Pioneer and, unlike the later editions from Sony-TriStar, they are absolutely free of any speckling. (Unfortunately, there never was a Pioneer Special Edition of the third Sinbad movie.)

They aren't particularly rare but the only copies currently available seem to be all in the US so there would be expensive shipping charges to add on for anyone wanting to import them. I am happy to send them free of charge to anywhere in the UK (shipped in proper stiffened mailing boxes). I'm asking £40 for the pair - that's 2 Pioneer Special Editions (4 CAV discs) in superb condition.

If you're at all interested, send me a Private Message and we can then arrange payment and shipping. And yes, having previously sold loads of LDs on eBay - and to Dinodisc - I am what is usually called a "trusted seller"! Here's my blurry webcam pictures - honestly, the sleeves look better than this!

RAY HARRYHAUSEN DISCS Sinbad10

RAY HARRYHAUSEN DISCS Sinbad11
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RAY HARRYHAUSEN DISCS   RAY HARRYHAUSEN DISCS EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 4:54 pm

I'm certainly tempted, especially by Golden Voyage, but I'm currently saving for a holiday coming up soon. If you've still got them in a month or two I'll certainly take them off your hands though.

laserkb wrote:
That's 2 Pioneer Special Editions (4 CAV discs) in superb condition.

I was under the impression that only sides 2 & 3 of Golden Voyage were CAV, side 1 being CLV. I'd be happy to be wrong about that as there's some brilliant scenes in the first hour that would be great to see in CAV.

Good luck with the selling : )

Back to top Go down
laserkb

laserkb

PostSubject: Re: RAY HARRYHAUSEN DISCS   RAY HARRYHAUSEN DISCS EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 3:20 am

HippieDalek wrote:
I was under the impression that only sides 2 & 3 of Golden Voyage were CAV, side 1 being CLV.

Your impressions are quite correct. Side 1 is indeed in CLV - should have checked. Thanks for pointing this out. Still a splendid edition, though!
Back to top Go down
laserkb

laserkb

PostSubject: Re: RAY HARRYHAUSEN DISCS   RAY HARRYHAUSEN DISCS EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 5:33 pm

Both titles now no longer in my collection. Try the Dinodisc store if still interested.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RAY HARRYHAUSEN DISCS   RAY HARRYHAUSEN DISCS Empty

Back to top Go down

RAY HARRYHAUSEN DISCS
Page 1 of 1