DINODISC LASERDISC & RETRO GAMES
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DINODISC LASERDISC & RETRO GAMES

DINODISC IS A FORUM FOR COLLECTORS TO CHAT , BUY AND SELL LASERDISCS & RETRO GAMES

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

PIONEER LD-660

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
LDGEEK

PIONEER LD-660 Empty
PostSubject: PIONEER LD-660   PIONEER LD-660 EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 5:52 pm

hey , i have just unboxed a mint condition LD player and heres the thing
when i put in a disc , no matter what side or what disc , it plays the opening frame/slide only and wont go any farther
i have tried fast forward , skippinh , letting it run for hours , unplugging , different discs/sides and this model does not show any error messages as far as i know
please any help would be much appreciated i would really like to start watching some movies
Back to top Go down
laserkb

laserkb

PIONEER LD-660 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PIONEER LD-660   PIONEER LD-660 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 1:59 pm

LDGEEK wrote:
hey , i have just unboxed a mint condition LD player and heres the thing
when i put in a disc , no matter what side or what disc , it plays the opening frame/slide only and wont go any farther
i have tried fast forward , skippinh , letting it run for hours , unplugging , different discs/sides and this model does not show any error messages as far as i know
please any help would be much appreciated i would really like to start watching some movies

Hey there, LDGeek. Now I'm certainly no techno expert - I can barely change a 3-pin plug - but it sounds as if the Play command on your new player is 'locked' to the 'Intro' function. Is there a remote control, and are you using it to start 'Play'?

I'm not overly familiar with the 660, but most Pioneer remotes have a button marked INTRO or HILITE/INTRO which allows you to view exactly what you're seeing, just the opening seconds and no more. Check your remote - perhaps this INTRO button has been depressed and is stuck (they're only cheap little rubber things, after all) so that's the only instruction your machine is getting. Or maybe there's a similar button on the machine 's front panel that might similarly be caught in its 'pressed' position. Sounds like it needs wiggling a bit! (Always one for a sophisticated hit-tech solution!)

Maybe one of the more technical minded forum members can offer a more precise solution. I feel sorry for you - it must be awful not being able to play an entire side properly.

Please let us know how you get on.
Back to top Go down
LDGEEK

PIONEER LD-660 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PIONEER LD-660   PIONEER LD-660 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 2:16 pm

there is no remote and this model sir im sorry , and i had tried the "frame" button , did not work either and none of the buttons did
http://www.laserdiscarchive.co.uk/laserdisc_archive/pioneer/pioneer_ld-660/pioneer_ld-660.jpg
there is a close up on this particular model , if you could take a look at it

P.S. my 54 year old father told me the EXACT thing u said
Back to top Go down
BeebMaster

BeebMaster

PIONEER LD-660 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PIONEER LD-660   PIONEER LD-660 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 2:56 pm

It might just be the general ancientness of the technology in the player. The same website contains the following information about it:

"The player incorporates a variable tangential circuit which helps compensate for time based correction errors more smoothly over the course of the entire disc. The tangential correction is accomplished with the use of a 2nd pivoting mirror. Some of the last units made in this model line were re-calibrated and optimized for CLV playback, which renders it a bit more stupid for CAV discs. This can cause laserlock on some "less than perfect" CAV discs.

On startup of a disc, the pickup will simply begin playback from the players inside limit setting. This can cause some problems on older CLV titles (Columbia Pictures Stir Crazy) where the player will refuse to play the beginning of a side. "

The other thing to remember is that this player is from the era prior to digital audio, so you won't be able to hear anything unless you happen to have some analogue-sound discs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.BeebMaster.co.uk
Sponsored content

PIONEER LD-660 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PIONEER LD-660   PIONEER LD-660 Empty

Back to top Go down

PIONEER LD-660
Page 1 of 1