DINODISC LASERDISC & RETRO GAMES
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DINODISC LASERDISC & RETRO GAMES

DINODISC IS A FORUM FOR COLLECTORS TO CHAT , BUY AND SELL LASERDISCS & RETRO GAMES

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Which one to buy - Dirty Harry boxed set Jap vs USA release

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Reelmaster Oz

Which one to buy - Dirty Harry boxed set Jap vs USA release Empty
PostSubject: Which one to buy - Dirty Harry boxed set Jap vs USA release   Which one to buy - Dirty Harry boxed set Jap vs USA release EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 3:34 am

G'day all

I have found a source for both the Japanese Dirty Harry films boxed set and the American one
the jap one has all films in 2:35.1 ratio except for dead pool and runs 531 mins plus some extras

American one - has the man from malpaso doco included but not sure if they are all 2:35.1 ratio

Jap one is $52 US dollars, American $30

cheers.
Back to top Go down
laserkb

laserkb

PostSubject: Re: Which one to buy - Dirty Harry boxed set Jap vs USA release   Which one to buy - Dirty Harry boxed set Jap vs USA release EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 4:30 am

I only have the 6-disc US box so cannot fully compare, but I can confirm that all the films except THE DEAD POOL are in 2.35:1 widescreen (THE DEAD POOL is in 1.33:1 - Full Screen). The documentary, THE MAN FROM MALPASO, fills an entire disc side and runs for an hour. Also Side 5, which has the ending of MAGNUM FORCE, is in CAV and is followed by trailers for all 5 films. You might also want to know that, although all the films are in Stereo, only THE DEAD POOL is in Dolby Surround.

The box is pretty smart, too. And, of course, there are no Japanese subtitles!

Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
bullruckle

bullruckle

PostSubject: Re: Which one to buy - Dirty Harry boxed set Jap vs USA release   Which one to buy - Dirty Harry boxed set Jap vs USA release EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 4:56 am

I have the Japanese box set but I'm not sure I can give you any more info than you already you know. But if you've got any question about it, I'd be happy to answer if I can.
Back to top Go down
PeaceMaker1

PeaceMaker1

PostSubject: Re: Which one to buy - Dirty Harry boxed set Jap vs USA release   Which one to buy - Dirty Harry boxed set Jap vs USA release EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 12:02 pm

Mmmmm, All that MAgnun goodiness.

Wanty wanty!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which one to buy - Dirty Harry boxed set Jap vs USA release   Which one to buy - Dirty Harry boxed set Jap vs USA release Empty

Back to top Go down

Which one to buy - Dirty Harry boxed set Jap vs USA release
Page 1 of 1