DINODISC LASERDISC & RETRO GAMES
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DINODISC LASERDISC & RETRO GAMES

DINODISC IS A FORUM FOR COLLECTORS TO CHAT , BUY AND SELL LASERDISCS & RETRO GAMES

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bugsy Malone

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
BeebMaster

BeebMaster

Bugsy Malone Empty
PostSubject: Bugsy Malone   Bugsy Malone EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 2:56 pm

Just playing "Bugsy Malone" Rank Video pre-cert release for the first time and I thought I'd put the disc in the wrong way up because it started part way through the film. However, I ejected the disc and the label for side 1 was face up: this copy has the label numbers on the actual surfaces instead of the other side. Does anyone know if this is usual for this release or is my copy an "error"?
Back to top Go down
http://www.BeebMaster.co.uk
laserkb

laserkb

Bugsy Malone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bugsy Malone   Bugsy Malone EmptyWed May 09, 2012 1:48 pm

BeebMaster wrote:
Just playing "Bugsy Malone" Rank Video pre-cert release for the first time and I thought I'd put the disc in the wrong way up because it started part way through the film. However, I ejected the disc and the label for side 1 was face up: this copy has the label numbers on the actual surfaces instead of the other side. Does anyone know if this is usual for this release or is my copy an "error"?

I'll bet it was an error. I've had two LDs where the labels were on the wrong sides, i.e. the right sides! One was a single-sided music disc (Talking Heads' "Storytelling Giant") so that was really confusing.

I've also had an LD which defaulted to the audio commentary track on every playback. This was awkward because I then had to find out how to turn the track off each time. God knows how these things happen - I can hardly believe these are rogue individual copies, more likely entire batches were pressed incorrectly before someone noticed!

The same thing used to happen with vinyl, too. My original copy of New Order's "Blue Monday 12 inch" had the labels on the wrong sides. That disc was sold years ago but I recently bought a replacement copy and guess what? The labels are STILL on the wrong sides! (What are the odds that I actually re-bought my original earlier copy without knowing it?)
Back to top Go down
BeebMaster

BeebMaster

Bugsy Malone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bugsy Malone   Bugsy Malone EmptyThu May 10, 2012 12:13 pm

I think this is the only one I've come across where the labels have been on the wrong sides, although I have got other discs with different printing or production errors. I'll have to have a look out for another copy of the same release to see if it's the same.
Back to top Go down
http://www.BeebMaster.co.uk
Sponsored content

Bugsy Malone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bugsy Malone   Bugsy Malone Empty

Back to top Go down

Bugsy Malone
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DINODISC LASERDISC & RETRO GAMES :: LASERDISC CHAT-
Jump to: