DINODISC LASERDISC & RETRO GAMES
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DINODISC LASERDISC & RETRO GAMES

DINODISC IS A FORUM FOR COLLECTORS TO CHAT , BUY AND SELL LASERDISCS & RETRO GAMES

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Keep it going

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
laserkb

laserkb

Keep it going Empty
PostSubject: Keep it going   Keep it going EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 10:48 am

This is a great idea and deserves to thrive. There've been similar online forums in the past (does anyone remember the Laserdisc Database?) but, after an initial burst of activity, they seem to shrivel and disappear. It seems that anyone who's interested in the subject comes in at the beginning, offers their six penn'orth and then that's it. They have nothing left to say.

Wouldn't it be great if this one could prosper and give the lie to all those people (of whom there are loads to be found elsewhere on the Net) who think that LDs 'died' 20 years ago? Search for sneakerplay.com ("Nobody uses laserdiscs") where this blogger states: "Yet these babies (laser discs) are nowhere to be found, not even in back alleys ready to hide unconscious girlfriends in the future. I am pretty sure the last time I saw a laser disc was in my 6th grade history class. I only know of one instance that laser discs are still used today, thanks to my dad who I'm fairly sure taught Earth Science with them right up to his retirement last year. Way to keep the dream alive, pop."

I would dearly love to prove that guy wrong. Of course, it's up to us. The format has already proved its worth (viable from 1978 to 2001 - a run that beats the DVD which looks as if its own days are numbered) and deserves to be cherished and encouraged. This has already happened in the world of vinyl. Who, in the 90s, would have foreseen the re-emergence of the LP where sales are now at their highest for 15 years? I doubt that LDs or LD players will ever be produced again (more's the pity), but the product is so durable (disc-rot excepted) that most of our collections will outlive us.

Please support and use this forum. And don't let it be just an outlet for a vocal minority such as me who can go on and on... It's for everybody. I'm sure we've all got interesting LD-related anecdotes to share. Well, I'm waiting...

Back to top Go down

Keep it going Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keep it going   Keep it going EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 4:29 pm

I agree with laserkb, hopefully this is the start of something good. Everyone seems to get on so far in the forum and we all seem to be on the same page.

I'm still in the honeymoon stage of my relationship with laserdiscs and that's part of what keeps me coming back here, I'm eager to learn more and more about this strange, fascinating and all round spectacular format.

So far there seem to be a good mix of people who've been collecting since day one, and a handful of us 'newbs' with fresh enthusiasm, hopefully this will help the forum keep its momentum and attract new members, long term and new collectors alike.

Whatever happens it's certainly been a great start so well done, Admin.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Keep it going Empty
PostSubject: Keep it going   Keep it going EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 6:04 am

Thankyou for supporting the forum and to all the customers who buy from dinodisc. The forum has been setup so we have somewhere to discuss our laserdisc experiences ,requirements and for help and support for people new and old to laserdisc collecting. Ive been collecting laserdiscs for many years now and there are still many aspects about laserdiscs & players that i have very little knowledge of, I tend to just watch the films on my old cld2950 player without knowing very much about the technical side such as ways of improving sound and picture quality etc. Here on the forum we can all help each other and share in our views and opinions. I setup the prize draw / competition to create more interest and i plan to try and post all new stock on this forum before it is listed for sale in the dinodisc store. I aslo plan to have special dinodisc store offers from time to time for all members of the forum as most of the forum members are or have been very valued dinodisc customers. I certainly believe that laserdisc collecting is far from dead in the water ,laserdisc collecting is still very much alive.
jason
Back to top Go down
https://dinodisc.forumotion.co.uk
laserkb

laserkb

Keep it going Empty
PostSubject: RESUSCITATION REQUIRED   Keep it going EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 12:19 pm

I'm not going to repeat my original post, but.... WHERE IS EVERYBODY? I'm going to wait four weeks and then, if no response to this plea, I shall assume the forum is D-E-A-D (as in "I'm the only one left alive on Planet Laserdisc") and I will delete it from my favourites. Sad, but inevitable. I still think there's plenty more to say about LDs (I've certainly said my share) and I still think there are sufficient dedicated users out there who could be saying it, but if no one wants to play, well, so be it. It was fun while it lasted.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Keep it going Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keep it going   Keep it going Empty

Back to top Go down

Keep it going
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DINODISC LASERDISC & RETRO GAMES :: LASERDISC FORUM FEEDBACK for any suggestions to improve the forum-
Jump to: