DINODISC LASERDISC & RETRO GAMES
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DINODISC LASERDISC & RETRO GAMES

DINODISC IS A FORUM FOR COLLECTORS TO CHAT , BUY AND SELL LASERDISCS & RETRO GAMES

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Greetings from Sweden

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
nissling

Greetings from Sweden Empty
PostSubject: Greetings from Sweden   Greetings from Sweden EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 2:40 pm

Well, it seems like I found another forum, dedicated for Laserdisc. I can might as well introduce myself.

My name is Sebastian and I live in Stockholm (Sweden). I'm 16 years old, making me one of the youngest LD-collectors out there. Most younger people just downloads their movies today and that's something I really dislike. I'm proud to say that I've never downloaded a movie, I buy everything and that's the way it's going to be in the rest of my life. I found this forum because I bought The Seventh Seal (if you haven't seen it, SEE IT!) on Ebay some days ago and the seller contacted me with a link to this forum. Thanks!

My interest for movies started in late 2008 when I saw Blade Runner for the first time and it blew my mind. Some months later I started to buy movies on Blu-Ray because my dad bought a Blu-Ray player about a half year earlier and I was (by then) completely sold on good picture and audio quality. However, when I got up in about 75 BD's or so, it became the only format I cared about. The problem then was that I didn't have my own HDTV, so when I wanted to watch something I had to watch it in the living room. Everyone in my family got annoyed about it because I saw "too violent" films by then, just because I went through every film directoed by Tarantino by that moment, so I decided to start with a format that I could have in my own room and therefore I decided to go with LD.

I bought my first LD-player in April 2010 and it was a Pioneer CLD-990, along with a decent oldschool reciever. Though I have always used speakers, my earlier reciever was a joke because it only had one single RCA-input and had built-in "double cassette deck" and CD-player, making it a 70 cm wide top-loader that I had to have on the floor. It was a mess, but it worked for many years. So when I got a decent reciever and a somewhat acceptable LD-player, I decided to make my own, extremely cheap, home-theatre with just a simple 20" flat-screen 4:3 CRT that takes anything!

Since then, I've bought about a hundereds of diffrent titles and I currently have three players (Pioneer CLD-990, Pioneer CLD-D505 and Sony MDP-650). I'm only using the Pioneer CLD-D505 right now and this is how my setup looks like.

https://2img.net/h/i69.photobucket.com/albums/i74/nissling/DSC_0195.jpg

Other then that, what can you say about me? When it comes to movies, I'm a huge fan of Stanley Kubrick and Ingmar Bergman. Their films are pretty much about as good as films can get, but I'm also a fan of other director's such as Jim Jarmusch, John Woo, Ridley Schott, Akira Kurosawa, Martin Scorsese, Luc Besson, The Coen-brothers, Hayao Miyazaki, Michael Cimino, Brian De Palma, Francis Ford Coppola, Fritz Lang... You get the idea! ;D
I can might as well give you my list of my top ten favorite films.

1. A Clockwork Orange
2. The Deer Hunter
3. Pulp Fiction
4. 2001: A Space Odyssey
5. Blade Runner
6. The Terminator (Not the second one!)
7. Seven Samurai
8. The Seventh Seal
9. One flew Over The Cuckoo's nest
10. Mononoke-hime

For being a 16-year old guy from Sweden, I sort of stick out a bit from the majority.

Other then movies, I don't have many diffrent interests. That would be anime and long walks. Nothing more, ridicilous huh?
Back to top Go down
laserbeam

PostSubject: Welcome   Greetings from Sweden EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 4:02 pm

Heya,
I just joined this forum today also. Love your list of top films Smile
I am only just starting to collect laserdiscs. Do you get most of yours from ebay?
I'm afraid I do now download some music but I still agree with you, I always prefer having something to hold in my hand. I enjoy the packaging that comes with formats too which of course you just dont get with digital stuff!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Sweden   Greetings from Sweden EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 5:00 pm

Hi, welcome. Another newbie to collecting here, only been collecting for a few months.

Ah Seventh Seal, a total classic of Swedish cinema, love the film.

Always wanted to go to Sweden, so far I've only made it to Finland in that part of the world, hopefully cross the border and check out Sweden some day too!
Back to top Go down
SnR

SnR

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Sweden   Greetings from Sweden EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 5:28 pm

Hi to all of the new members.

It looks like i may be sorting my collection into alphabetical order tomorrow. (Well some of it)

Also going to borrow a oscilloscope at some point to see if i can fix my 919 + my line doubler and ill see if i can give a bit of info about it if i get it working......

SnR
Back to top Go down
nissling

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Sweden   Greetings from Sweden EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 3:07 am

laserbeam wrote:
Do you get most of yours from ebay?

I don't buy from Ebay that often actually, most of the time I buy from Tradera (a Swedish auction-site) but also on some forums. There's a store in Stockholm that sell LD's from a private collection, I go there about once a month and buy some discs. They have a quite good selection, I bought most of my Kurosawa-movies and some of my box sets from them. I only buy from Ebay if I'm really desperate and know that what I'm looking for won't show up anywhere else.

HippieDalek wrote:
Always wanted to go to Sweden, so far I've only made it to Finland in that part of the world, hopefully cross the border and check out Sweden some day too!

Be ready to pay high taxes when you get here. Just take a look at this. Wink
http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-april-21-2009/the-stockholm-syndrome-pt--1
http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-april-22-2009/the-stockholm-syndrome-pt--2
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: WELCOME   Greetings from Sweden EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 4:18 am

Welcome to the forum
Great to have such a young member with such good taste in films , loved your top 10 and I will put it on the chat section of the forum and see if any other members have a top 10.
thankyou
admin / jason
Back to top Go down
https://dinodisc.forumotion.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Sweden   Greetings from Sweden Empty

Back to top Go down

Greetings from Sweden
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DINODISC LASERDISC & RETRO GAMES :: INTRODUCTIONS-