DINODISC LASERDISC & RETRO GAMES
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DINODISC LASERDISC & RETRO GAMES

DINODISC IS A FORUM FOR COLLECTORS TO CHAT , BUY AND SELL LASERDISCS & RETRO GAMES

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Doctor Who, Elm Street and Halloween

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Darth Laser

Darth Laser

Doctor Who, Elm Street and Halloween Empty
PostSubject: Doctor Who, Elm Street and Halloween   Doctor Who, Elm Street and Halloween EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 3:57 pm

Hi all LaserHeads, love classic Doctor Who and I'm looking for any on LD???
I already have The Ark In Space and the Day of the Daleks, but interested in any others.

Any Elm Street other than the first one and Freddy's Dead 3D.

Any Halloween (yes... Even Part 3) ???

Thanks everyone
Darth Laser (or Rob as my wife calls me)
Back to top Go down
laserkb

laserkb

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who, Elm Street and Halloween   Doctor Who, Elm Street and Halloween EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 5:04 am

Hi Darth..er Rob,

Yes, I actually have Elm Streets 2, 3 and 4 which I'm not really bothered about keeping. A brief description of each:

Part 2 FREDDY'S REVENGE is a PAL disc from Warner Home Video, issued 1987. Sleeve & disc in excellent condition.
Part 3 DREAM WARRIORS is NTSC from Image, also 1987. Sleeve has slight hole through back cover only, plus a numbered sticker from a previous owner. Disc fine - I think it is an ex-rental copy but it's in excellent nick.
Part 4 THE DREAM MASTER, also NTSC from Image, this time 1988. Sleeve also has numbered sticker (I haven't taken the stickers off for fear of ripping the cover) and there's no indication this was a rental disc. Like the others, it's clean and unmarked.
I also have FREDDY'S DEAD with the 3D glasses if you're interested (!).

As I've been thinking of getting the Criterion HALLOWEEN I would be willing to let my PAL edition go. It's in a mint gatefold sleeve and was issued in 1996 by Odyssey. It has no extras other than the trailer, but is in its proper widescreen aspect ratio. Excellent condition.

As these are fairly rare discs, I would ask the going rate to sell them. £15 each for the Elm Street titles, £20 for the HALLOWEEN. (The Criterion version sells for £30.) It's up to you.

If you'd like them, I will check them all to make sure they play both sides fine (no disc rot) and we can set up a transaction through Admin. I don't think we should make transaction details public on this forum.

Regards,

laserkb, er Kenneth
Back to top Go down
Darth Laser

Darth Laser

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who, Elm Street and Halloween   Doctor Who, Elm Street and Halloween EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 5:20 am

Hi Laserkb,
thanks for your reply,

I am very interested in the LD's and thank you for the very accurate descriptions - I think its cool how there seems to be real kinship among LD fans, and I know I will be very pleased with these discs.
Very happy to set up a private transaction and fully agree that details should be kept off the public forum.

Can I just check how would I get them? Would I collect, or would you post? If so how much and also is it possible you could take a photo of the covers and email them to me? Just want to see which ones as the LD covers are in truth as much an appeal as the films.

Thanks,
DL
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: RULES OF THE DINODISC MARKETPLACE   Doctor Who, Elm Street and Halloween EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 5:51 am

Hi darth laser
Please see the rules for trading on the forum.
I can say though that I have met laserkb and dealt with him on a number of occasions and have always been delighted with all the transactions we have had.

Due to increased demand for such a forum, this section will allow members of the DINODISC FORUM to sell, buy or trade related LASERDISC items.

However, all sales and trades are strictly private transactions. DINODISC will accept no responsibility if a dispute arises from such transactions which are taken at members own risk.

Back to top Go down
https://dinodisc.forumotion.co.uk
Darth Laser

Darth Laser

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who, Elm Street and Halloween   Doctor Who, Elm Street and Halloween EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 5:59 am

Will do - many thanks
DL
Back to top Go down
laserkb

laserkb

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who, Elm Street and Halloween   Doctor Who, Elm Street and Halloween EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 8:25 am

OK, DL. Here's what I'll do.

I'll check the discs themselves and I'll email you pictures of all the covers (front and rear) before you finally decide. I don't have a digital camera but my webcam will take decent enough images for you to get a good idea of their appearance.

Can you ask Admin to send me your email address as a private message? I'll also give permission for him to forward my email address to you in the same way. (I'm a bit of a 'forum novice' so I'm not sure if I can do such a thing directly myself.)

Then, if you want to proceed, you're welcome to collect the discs in person (note: I live in Derbyshire). If that's not practical, I'll ship them in secure packaging to your home address. On previous experience, I estimate it'll cost about £7.50 to ship via Royal Mail. You can pay cash if collecting personally, or cheque by post. I have a PayPal account but I prefer to keep it for payments out rather than in, if you know what I mean.

I think this seems a safe and reasonable way to conduct a private transaction. If you've any further questions just ask. I'm not a trader or a dealer, just a collector like yourself, so I'm not out to exploit anybody. I want everything to be "above board" as, I'm sure, you do too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who, Elm Street and Halloween   Doctor Who, Elm Street and Halloween EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 1:21 pm

I'm always tempted to get Day of the Daleks on Laserdisc, however I think my Doctor Who collection may be too big as it is...

Someone on ebay is currently selling three Doctor Who laserdiscs, though you've probably already spotted them

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/nancy-fan/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686
Back to top Go down
Darth Laser

Darth Laser

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who, Elm Street and Halloween   Doctor Who, Elm Street and Halloween EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 2:16 pm

Yep - thinking about goin for the Zygons disc - looks great!

I've got all the R2 DVD releases and also made up matching boxes for the missing episodes - bought them on VHS and used my Hollywood Dazzle and MacBook to convert them onto DVD - In the event of a complete missing episode (eg Mission to the Unknown) I bought the audio book on CD and made a video with pictures and put the audio over the top - now that was a long summer! But worth it...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who, Elm Street and Halloween   Doctor Who, Elm Street and Halloween EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 4:03 pm

I've got a lot of good Doctor Who reconstructions, some good ones from Loose Cannon, their Dalek's Masterplan is fantastic, at many points you forget you're watching a recon. I had pretty much all the R2 releases (I made up covers for the recons too lol) but have just finished selling a whole load of them on ebay to make space. I've still got more Doctor Who DVDs than any sane man should, but I've whittled it down to the core ones I must have.

I've always been a Troughton fan, how about you?
Back to top Go down
Darth Laser

Darth Laser

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who, Elm Street and Halloween   Doctor Who, Elm Street and Halloween EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 4:56 pm

In truth I like all the classic doctors, I'm just a big fan of the show from a nostalgic point of view. I even like Timelash!

I love early 60's British TV so the WH and PT serials are great, such a shame about the missing episodes and Aunties wiping policy back then.
My favourites are The Daleks, The Web Planet, The Rescue, The Moonbase and The Invasion, I thought the animation on the DVD was great.
I love Fireball XL5, and I think the early Who's and XL5 share a real innocence in that space was still a mystery, I mean obviously it still is, but our space, eg the Moon is discovered country now, back then the Moon could well have been colonised by cybermen, at least in the imagination of its viewers - if you understand me?

The 70's shows were killer - JP and TB just made the show the legend that it is today!
My favourites are The Daemons, Day of the Daleks, The Time Warrior, Genesis of the Daleks, Talons of Weng-Chiang, Horror of Fang Rock and I really like The Keeper of Traken, its got a very well designed set.

Have you ever noticed that Ark in Space is like a TV version of Alien?

Davison, Baker and McCoy are all great too, they remind me of my childhood - I like all the dalek/davros stories, mark of the rani, the visitation and ghost light - just cos its so weird.

I watch the new ones with my daughter - but they aren't as good - but its great when they spring an old enemy on you.
My daughter likes the old who episodes - she made a chart and ticks em off when she watches one and gives em a score out of ten
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who, Elm Street and Halloween   Doctor Who, Elm Street and Halloween EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 4:03 am

I've not been a great fan of the 2005 revival of Doctor Who, but I've got to admit that I loved series 5. Matt Smith is the first REAL Doctor of the new series and I'm looking forward to series 6 with great anticipation.

I'm a bit of an odd fan in that I'm not really that into the Tom Baker era, he had so many stories but for me so few of them stand out. I don't think it was down to Baker, more just the style of stories being done in his tenure. Though he does have a good selection of classics like Genesis of the Daleks, The Deadly Assassin and the haunting Logopolis.

Patrick Troughton has always been my favourite, even though so little of his stuff survives. The Doctors I enjoy most have been the ones most influenced by him, especially McCoy and Davison.

I wish there'd been more Who on laserdisc, but I guess the format wasn't popular enough in the UK.
Back to top Go down
Darth Laser

Darth Laser

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who, Elm Street and Halloween   Doctor Who, Elm Street and Halloween EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 9:47 am

Pick 5 classic Who serials you would have on Laserdisc if you could - (Imagine the covers too?)
I've picked mine on the basis that they would have great sleeves, and I think the audio is really good on LD so for me these have the most interesting soundtrack too.

1. WH - The Web Planet
2. TB - The Talons of Weng-Chiang
3. PT - The Mind Robber
4. PD - The Visitation
5. JP - The Daemons

And a boxset of all the Davros serials - Imagine the cover artwork for that?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who, Elm Street and Halloween   Doctor Who, Elm Street and Halloween EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 1:36 pm

Darth Laser wrote:
Pick 5 classic Who serials you would have on Laserdisc if you could

1. The War Games
2. The Caves of Adrozani
3. Genesis of the Daleks
4. Trial of a Time Lord Boxset
5. Key to Time Boxset

Though I guess if I could have ANY Doctor Who serial on Laserdisc I'd have to go with

1. The Power of the Daleks
2. Mission to the Unknows/The Dalek's Masterplan Boxset
3. The Tenth Planet
4. The Evil of the Daleks
5. The Web of Fear

But I doubt I'll ever see that list on any format Sad
Back to top Go down
Darth Laser

Darth Laser

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who, Elm Street and Halloween   Doctor Who, Elm Street and Halloween EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 4:33 pm

We can only dream - apparently there are a couple of guys who have been researching some television studios in Africa, so far they have unearthed some missing episodes of other BBC series but no Who, but it does sound promising - there is a chance something still may turn up - especially now the beeb have issued an amnesty on the copyright.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who, Elm Street and Halloween   Doctor Who, Elm Street and Halloween EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 4:43 pm

Yeah, I think the last recovered episode of Dad's Army was from there.

Even without the originals Loose Cannon do a good job, and I thought the animation for the Invasion DVD release worked really well.

I always live in hope that they'll find more, and every few years there's a story that inspires you, like the rediscovery of the complete version of Metropolis as shown in 1927. Now that's one I never thought I would get to see.
Back to top Go down
Darth Laser

Darth Laser

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who, Elm Street and Halloween   Doctor Who, Elm Street and Halloween EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 9:02 am

Hi there Hippiedalek, just to pick up on our old thread (been busy with work)
it is strange that more DW weren't made on LD,
as you say the format wasn't really popular over here, but DW is massive in USA and Canada, so strange there aren't more NTSC discs,
maybe it was licensing issues? Usually the problem.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who, Elm Street and Halloween   Doctor Who, Elm Street and Halloween EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 9:27 am

The problem with the NTSC releases is that they were all 'movie' versions rather than the original aired versions.
Back to top Go down
BeebMaster

BeebMaster

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who, Elm Street and Halloween   Doctor Who, Elm Street and Halloween EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 1:10 pm

I haven't got any for sale, but I have been able to build up a good collection of Dr Who laserdiscs, since it's my favourite TV programme of all time. All my laserdiscs came from E-Bay, and the Dr Who ones do come up quite regularly, but the BBC Video ones are quite rare.

I've got
Revenge of the Cybermen (BBC Video)
The Brain of Morbius (BBC Video)
Day of the Daleks (Encore)
Terror of the Zygons (Encore)
The Ark in Space (Encore)
The Day of the Daleks (NTSC)

I think the only other one is The Five Doctors in NTSC.

It's a great shame that more weren't released, apparently "Spearhead from Space" was cancelled by Encore in about 1996 or 1997.

Since 23rd November 2003, I've been watching or in some cases (due to BBC vandalism) listening to each episode of Dr Who on the exact 40th anniversary of its original broadcast. Season 9 started on 1st January with "Day of the Daleks", which is the first time I've been able to watch my anniversary Who on laserdisc, which has been a really good experience. It just finished this weekend with episode 4, so now I have to wait until January 2015 for "The Ark in Space"!
Back to top Go down
http://www.BeebMaster.co.uk
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who, Elm Street and Halloween   Doctor Who, Elm Street and Halloween EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 3:02 pm

BeebMaster wrote:
I haven't got any for sale, but I have been able to build up a good collection of Dr Who laserdiscs, since it's my favourite TV programme of all time. All my laserdiscs came from E-Bay, and the Dr Who ones do come up quite regularly, but the BBC Video ones are quite rare.

I've got
Revenge of the Cybermen (BBC Video)
The Brain of Morbius (BBC Video)
Day of the Daleks (Encore)
Terror of the Zygons (Encore)
The Ark in Space (Encore)
The Day of the Daleks (NTSC)

I think the only other one is The Five Doctors in NTSC.

It's a great shame that more weren't released, apparently "Spearhead from Space" was cancelled by Encore in about 1996 or 1997.

Since 23rd November 2003, I've been watching or in some cases (due to BBC vandalism) listening to each episode of Dr Who on the exact 40th anniversary of its original broadcast. Season 9 started on 1st January with "Day of the Daleks", which is the first time I've been able to watch my anniversary Who on laserdisc, which has been a really good experience. It just finished this weekend with episode 4, so now I have to wait until January 2015 for "The Ark in Space"!

found five doctors for sale on ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DOCTOR-WHO-FIVE-DOCTORS-Laserdisc-VERY-HARD-FIND-LEGENDARY-/190657189953?pt=US_Laserdisc&hash=item2c640dd841
Back to top Go down
https://dinodisc.forumotion.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who, Elm Street and Halloween   Doctor Who, Elm Street and Halloween Empty

Back to top Go down

Doctor Who, Elm Street and Halloween
Page 1 of 1