DINODISC LASERDISC & RETRO GAMES

DINODISC IS A FORUM FOR COLLECTORS TO CHAT , BUY AND SELL LASERDISCS & RETRO GAMES

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Your resident laserdisc collector in Japan

Go down 
AuthorMessage
bullruckle

PostSubject: Your resident laserdisc collector in Japan   Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:38 am

Hi guys,
So I found out about this site getting a cheeky mail about it while over at retroflix.co.uk (great laserdisc forum if youve never been). But I love laserdiscs, so i figure the more laserdisc forums the better.

Moved to Japan 4 years ago from Australia and purchased my first LD over here about 8 months later when I found a Terminator 2 special edition box set for sale in a junk store for 300yen ($3.20us). From there I've gone a bit laserdisc crazy, with my collection growning now to 930 (much to the annoyance of my fiancee).

Anyway nice to meet some more Laserdisc lovers.
and hello again to those I've already meet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nissling

PostSubject: Re: Your resident laserdisc collector in Japan   Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:00 am

Welcome aboard! Smile
I think you know me from Retroflix.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bullruckle

PostSubject: Re: Your resident laserdisc collector in Japan   Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:23 am

You certainly do Nissling. Hows it going? Any new LD purchases of late?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HippieDalek

PostSubject: Re: Your resident laserdisc collector in Japan   Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:09 pm

Although I don't agree with the cheeky tactics used it's great to have you here : )
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://laserdisc.wikkii.com
laserkb

PostSubject: Re: Your resident laserdisc collector in Japan   Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:28 pm

Great to have you, and somehow it seems quite fitting. Half of my LD collection seems to have been manufactured in Japan, and the format seems to have been embraced more enthusiastically there than anywhere else in the world. Have all the LD fans there abandoned laserdiscs for digitally streamed data on tiny little devices or are there still some devoted hardcore fans still clinging to their beloved collections?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PeaceMaker1

PostSubject: Re: Your resident laserdisc collector in Japan   Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:08 am

Hello Bullruckle.

My collection of Japanese disks has just started growing happily. I love the art and the obi's and the plain fact that they are all the way from Japan and therefore even more unusual and exciting.

I have a friend over there who sends them to me regularly. He's a really great fellow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bullruckle

PostSubject: Re: Your resident laserdisc collector in Japan   Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:57 am

Hi PeaceMaker. Good to see you're getting a few Jap Laserdiscs into your collection. Though I wonder if you can match the 683 Jap LDs in my collection (plus 247 usa)
It sure is good to have friends in the laserdisc collecting community. Very Happy
BTW great avatar. I actually had that same Jap press of Batman in my collection until recently Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PeaceMaker1

PostSubject: Re: Your resident laserdisc collector in Japan   Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:03 am

bullruckle wrote:
Hi PeaceMaker. Good to see you're getting a few Jap Laserdiscs into your collection. Though I wonder if you can match the 683 Jap LDs in my collection (plus 247 usa)
It sure is good to have friends in the laserdisc collecting community. Very Happy
BTW great avatar. I actually had that same Jap press of Batman in my collection until recently Laughing

Wow! Well, what do they say...? Small world? No I cannot compare to your astounding near 700 collection, but I am hoping to increase my current number by about another 25ish odd within the next few months. Personally, I cannot wait....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your resident laserdisc collector in Japan   

Back to top Go down

Your resident laserdisc collector in Japan
Page 1 of 1