DINODISC LASERDISC & RETRO GAMES
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DINODISC LASERDISC & RETRO GAMES

DINODISC IS A FORUM FOR COLLECTORS TO CHAT , BUY AND SELL LASERDISCS & RETRO GAMES

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

TheLDHunter Arrives

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
The LD Hunter

The LD Hunter

TheLDHunter Arrives Empty
PostSubject: TheLDHunter Arrives   TheLDHunter Arrives EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 11:41 am

Hey guys... HippieDalek sent me the link to your forums and figure I would join up.

I'm from the US and have been collecting LDs for about 4 years now. I have over 550 discs, but recently changed my collecting desires and am now just working on collecting JAWS, Disney and Criterions (and of course a few favorites here and there)

I am on twitter at TheLDHunter... hit me up and follow me there. I'll follow LD fans back, just send me a message that you're an LD collector. Wooo.

I have been on other LD Forums before and were turned off by those people who only want those rare discs like Sleepy Hollow, The Cell, etc... It is fine to want those for part of your collection and can be had for $100 if ya really want them, but there's more to laserdiscs than those discs. I know everyone has there thing, collection. Some people only want Criterions or a certain film collection, that's all cool.

I hope this forum takes off so I can stick around for a while.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: welcome   TheLDHunter Arrives EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 3:30 pm

Welcome to the forum
I too hope the forum takes off and agree its not all about the rarest films that cost $100s , there are loads of great films that are quite cheap and some of the boxsets are very reasonably priced with great packaging and extras that you just dont find on a dvds.
Back to top Go down
https://dinodisc.forumotion.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: TheLDHunter Arrives   TheLDHunter Arrives EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 5:31 pm

I think it's all too easy for a community of collectors to fall into "who has the biggest...collection" rather than actually enjoying and celebrating the format they're collecting.
Back to top Go down
PeaceMaker1

PeaceMaker1

PostSubject: Re: TheLDHunter Arrives   TheLDHunter Arrives EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 1:35 am

The LD Hunter wrote:
Hey guys...I have been on other LD Forums before and were turned off by those people who only want those rare discs like Sleepy Hollow, The Cell, etc... It is fine to want those for part of your collection and can be had for $100 if ya really want them, but there's more to laserdiscs than those discs. I know everyone has there thing, collection. Some people only want Criterions or a certain film collection, that's all cool...

Can't see the point of that sort of mentality myself, my collection has a mix of really great films(20,000 Leagues Under The Sea, Forbidden Planet, Batman), really quirky films and really strange films (Eraserhead, Lost Highway), some music (U2, Queen, Pink Floyd) and some TV shows (Classic and Next Gen TREK, Dr. Who Babylon 5, Thunderbirds)

I buy them because I like them and I want them on LD. Sure I have a selection of CRITERION titles and the like, but they do not dominate my shelves. One of my more recent and most favoured buys was The ANIMATED STAR TREK Boxed Set Collection and it was 22 episodes (11 hours) over two seasons, all for just £25.

I am afraid that there are precious few $100 movies in my collection.
Back to top Go down
Reelmaster Oz

PostSubject: Re: TheLDHunter Arrives   TheLDHunter Arrives EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 6:33 pm

PeaceMaker1 wrote:
The LD Hunter wrote:
Hey guys...I have been on other LD Forums before and were turned off by those people who only want those rare discs like Sleepy Hollow, The Cell, etc... It is fine to want those for part of your collection and can be had for $100 if ya really want them, but there's more to laserdiscs than those discs. I know everyone has there thing, collection. Some people only want Criterions or a certain film collection, that's all cool...

Can't see the point of that sort of mentality myself, my collection has a mix of really great films(20,000 Leagues Under The Sea, Forbidden Planet, Batman), really quirky films and really strange films (Eraserhead, Lost Highway), some music (U2, Queen, Pink Floyd) and some TV shows (Classic and Next Gen TREK, Dr. Who Babylon 5, Thunderbirds)

I buy them because I like them and I want them on LD. Sure I have a selection of CRITERION titles and the like, but they do not dominate my shelves. One of my more recent and most favoured buys was The ANIMATED STAR TREK Boxed Set Collection and it was 22 episodes (11 hours) over two seasons, all for just £25.

I am afraid that there are precious few $100 movies in my collection.

Totally concur with that statement. Who cares about just wanting the ultra ultra rare and most prized discs
I got into LD really late - 2001 in fact but just love it to death. The best home video format ever I reckon

I enjoy every film I have on LD, no matter if its an old print,, not widescreen or whatever.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TheLDHunter Arrives   TheLDHunter Arrives Empty

Back to top Go down

TheLDHunter Arrives
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DINODISC LASERDISC & RETRO GAMES :: INTRODUCTIONS-
Jump to: