DINODISC LASERDISC & RETRO GAMES

DINODISC IS A FORUM FOR COLLECTORS TO CHAT , BUY AND SELL LASERDISCS & RETRO GAMES

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Flight of Dragons (FOUND!)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
HippieDalek

PostSubject: Flight of Dragons (FOUND!)   Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:37 am

A childhood favourite of mine that still stands up as an adult. An excellent piece of animated film making. Would love to get my hands on this masterpiece.

I finally have it on DVD as it was finally released a few years ago, though it was released through Amazon's 'manufactured on demand' service so it is pretty cheaply made, the DVD even has a purple back! Would love to own it on laserdisc as I suspect the DVD is nothing more than a laserdisc rip, and also the laserdisc would feel more official than the DVD.

I once saw it on ebay but at the time I didn't have a laserdisc player so I didn't bother. If anyone sees a copy please let me know.

Last edited by HippieDalek on Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://laserdisc.wikkii.com
HippieDalek

PostSubject: Re: Flight of Dragons (FOUND!)   Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:45 am

Won a copy of this on ebay today. Have heard a lot of people say this disc rots so fingers crossed it's fine.
Back to top Go down
HippieDalek

PostSubject: Re: Flight of Dragons (FOUND!)   Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:14 pm

Ouch! That's one rotted laserdisc : (

I first put it in the player and it started playing, lots of speckles throughout the first side but it was watchable. Flipped the disc over and my machine starts making scary noises then throws an error at me; P5.

I looked it up and apparently it means "Spindle Error..." whatever that may mean.

Flipped the disc back over to side one and encountered the same problem! By this point I'm worried my machine has died so I get another disc to test it and it works fine.

Since then I have tried dozens of times and only managed to get side one to work once more, no luck on side two at all.

Oh well, it's still a very nice laserdisc to have in my collection but it would have been nice to be able to watch it. Maybe one day I'll get a copy that works...but I've never heard of a copy with a working side two...

Oh, and it's a PAL disc..."PAL discs don't rot" is an utter myth. I have three laserdiscs with laser rot and two of them are PAL. However both of them are published by Polygram...anyone know if they were a particularly poor manufacturer?

Whatever the format I still highly recommend trying to pick up a copy of this wonderful film.

EDIT: Have now adding this laserdisc to my laserdisc wiki project (Flight of Dragons, The (791 536-1)) as well as a small article about Pioneer Laserdisc Player Error Codes

And here's a better picture:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flight of Dragons (FOUND!)   

Back to top Go down

Flight of Dragons (FOUND!)
Page 1 of 1