DINODISC LASERDISC & RETRO GAMES
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DINODISC LASERDISC & RETRO GAMES

DINODISC IS A FORUM FOR COLLECTORS TO CHAT , BUY AND SELL LASERDISCS & RETRO GAMES

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

LATEST ARRIVALS

Go down 
+5
nissling
bullruckle
SnR
PeaceMaker1
Admin
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

LATEST ARRIVALS - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LATEST ARRIVALS   LATEST ARRIVALS - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 1:21 pm

[quote="laserkb"]Now I'm not one to boast (coughs, clears throat) but I couldn't resist showing y'all my latest arrival.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Nice to see you have now completed your Roan collection , sure all 58 titles will take quite some time to watch but it would be great if you could post reviews of the titles as you watch them. I have quite a few but still havent got around to seeing many of the titles in the roan collection so a good review just might encourage me to give them a try.
Do you think you could pick a top ten out of your roan collection or maybe even a bottom ten ?
Back to top Go down
https://dinodisc.forumotion.co.uk
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: LATEST ARRIVALS   LATEST ARRIVALS - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 1:28 pm

PeaceMaker1 wrote:
A friend of mine sent these to me in the last couple of days....

Spoiler:

And possibly one of the best EVER things I have ever received throught the post ever!!!!!

Spoiler:

A very good friend he must be Very Happy

Like the look of the MIB Special edition , what extras does it have that are not on the standard version? apart from subtitles Laughing

great additions to your collection Mr peacemaker1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LATEST ARRIVALS   LATEST ARRIVALS - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 4:41 pm

Well done on completing your collection, laserkb. There's nothing like placing the last of a hard earned collection along side its peers.
Back to top Go down
PeaceMaker1

PeaceMaker1

PostSubject: Pictures Finally and a New Arrival...   LATEST ARRIVALS - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 11:57 am

Purchased from DINODISC STORE with my competition prize fund...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

...and yes, a review is on the way.

And everyone's favourite Gill-Man in a smart ENCORE double feature (via the 'Bay),

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LATEST ARRIVALS   LATEST ARRIVALS - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 4:58 pm

My latest arrival:

I have added the boxset to the laserdisc wiki ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]). The entry is missing specific timing and chapter information for the last two discs but I will update them as I watch them.

I also have the original boxed Discovision CAV version of Jaws in the post, will update when it arrives.
Back to top Go down
nissling

PostSubject: Re: LATEST ARRIVALS   LATEST ARRIVALS - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 3:13 pm

Looks like a nice box set but isn't that the censored version?

Picked up Dersu Uzala (Criterion Collection) yesterday. Don't have a camera at the moment but here's the LDDB-link.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LATEST ARRIVALS   LATEST ARRIVALS - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 5:37 am

nissling wrote:
Looks like a nice box set but isn't that the censored version?

Yeah, Temple of Doom is cut in a few places but every UK version has been cut, even the latest DVD. Not sure if there's a UK Blu Ray so can't comment on that.

The BBFC invited Spielberg to submit the uncut film for reclassification but he turned them down citing that he prefers the cut version as it's more family friendly. What is with him and Lucas trying to retrospectively make all their films kid friendly?

To be honest though Temple of Doom is my least favourite of the Trilogy so it doesn't really bother me much that i have a cut version of it.
Back to top Go down
PeaceMaker1

PeaceMaker1

PostSubject: Lates arrivals.....   LATEST ARRIVALS - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 9:23 am

Mel Brooks at his mad best....

And still factory sealed and brand new...at a monumental cost of 99p UK(!!! Shocked )

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LATEST ARRIVALS   LATEST ARRIVALS - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 1:09 pm

I arrived home from work to a big, laserdisc shaped parcel today! I don't think anyone on the forum will be surprised at the contents....

That's right, the original, boxed, 1978 Discovision version of Jaws...The first laserdisc!

I'm not sure how accurate the claim that Jaws is the first laserdisc is, but this is certainly the first pressing of the film that was released in December 1978. I still find it odd to think that it's from the 70s.

As there's already another thread on this laserdisc that I started when trying to get help buying it from the USA I won't witter too much about it here and instead update that thread.

I've been on a bit of a laserdisc spree this month and today I had another set of discs posted out to me, hoping they arrive soon as I'm away at the end of the week. Will update when I get them.
Back to top Go down
PeaceMaker1

PeaceMaker1

PostSubject: Nice!   LATEST ARRIVALS - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 1:11 pm

Will you play it? I am about to crack open my IOTBS disc!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LATEST ARRIVALS   LATEST ARRIVALS - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 1:16 pm

PeaceMaker1 wrote:
Will you play it? I am about to crack open my IOTBS disc!

I've not had the chance to watch it yet but have checked the beginning and end of each side as they tend to be the most common places for bad rot. The ends of sides 1 and 2 have rot that effects play, Side 2 being the worst but still watchable, all the rest seem fine beyond a little bit of speckle. Next time I have the player hooked up to my laptop I'll take a few screencaps.

Will update the other thread with more details later tonight. Good luck with Invasion of the Body Snatchers!
Back to top Go down
bullruckle

bullruckle

PostSubject: Re: LATEST ARRIVALS   LATEST ARRIVALS - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 6:21 am

This haul arrived today:

This lot of discs are all brand new and sealed!

This lot are used (most still in original plastic though)

Really I only bought the lot for the criterions, a couple of the box sets and the cartoons. Doubt theres any interest out there but don't really have the space for most of the rest so if any one is up for a trade (im talking 10-15 discs to 1 if needs be), Hook me up with a PM. Otherwise I'll just take the ones im not keen on to my local junk store where I get 10yen a movie (13 cents). Seems a waste.
Back to top Go down
PeaceMaker1

PeaceMaker1

PostSubject: Re: LATEST ARRIVALS   LATEST ARRIVALS - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 10:11 am

bullruckle wrote:
This haul arrived today:

This lot of discs are all brand new and sealed!

This lot are used (most still in original plastic though)

Really I only bought the lot for the criterions, a couple of the box sets and the cartoons. Doubt theres any interest out there but don't really have the space for most of the rest so if any one is up for a trade (im talking 10-15 discs to 1 if needs be), Hook me up with a PM. Otherwise I'll just take the ones im not keen on to my local junk store where I get 10yen a movie (13 cents). Seems a waste.

Amazing haul BR! Really good, those sealed sets! OZ and French Connection, 2 2001's...really well done!
Back to top Go down
nissling

PostSubject: Re: LATEST ARRIVALS   LATEST ARRIVALS - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 2:32 am

Recent pickups, I saw Yojimbo tonight and it was jawusume. :3

Also, the golden edition of[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] sure looks niiice! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
PeaceMaker1

PeaceMaker1

PostSubject: Re: LATEST ARRIVALS   LATEST ARRIVALS - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 2:34 am

nissling wrote:
Recent pickups, I saw Yojimbo tonight and it was jawusume. :3

Also, the golden edition of[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] sure looks niiice! Very Happy

Very smart indeed. Good pick ups.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LATEST ARRIVALS   LATEST ARRIVALS - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 2:01 am

Some nice hauls there, bullruckle and PeaceMaker1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LATEST ARRIVALS   LATEST ARRIVALS - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 7:01 am

I'm not sure a batch of four counts as a "haul" but I think I certainly struck gold with this lot. I got these four beauties for the princely sum of £22.

I'm really surprised that I got four such sought after laserdiscs for such a low price. I've never actually seen Pulp Fiction and am not really a fan or Tarantino, I've seen most of Trainspotting but not all, these two titles didn't interest me much, I was mainly bidding to get the Game as I've fancied it for quite some time.

I'll certainly be keeping the Game and Evil Dead, will give the other two a watch through then decide whether I'll keep them or sell them on.

They are all beautiful laserdiscs, each wonderfully presented, especially Pulp Fiction and Evil Dead. The gold discs of Evil Dead are actually gold coloured as opposed to the yellow of the other 'gold' discs I've seen.
Back to top Go down
PeaceMaker1

PeaceMaker1

PostSubject: Re: LATEST ARRIVALS   LATEST ARRIVALS - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 7:30 am

A quartet?

Nah, haul is just fine Wink Good catch.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: LATEST ARRIVALS   LATEST ARRIVALS - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 12:16 pm

well done Ewan

The Game criterion is especially hard to find so that really is a great addition to your collection , its also a pretty good good film too. I like some tarantino flms and pulp fiction is one of his best with a great soundtrack so you really should see it , I seem to remember watching the criterion edition and I might be wrong but I think the scenes were in a different order to the dvd version ?
Trainspotting is a film I have seen but really didnt like it , I havent managed to get hold of an elite version evil dead myself but it is one I would like to add to my own collection. Great pick ups and for a real bargain price cheers
Back to top Go down
bullruckle

bullruckle

PostSubject: Re: LATEST ARRIVALS   LATEST ARRIVALS - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 4:47 pm

Damn 22 pounds is a bargain. Four awesome movies. Great addition Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LATEST ARRIVALS   LATEST ARRIVALS - Page 4 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 12:55 pm

Admin wrote:
The Game criterion is especially hard to find so that really is a great addition to your collection , its also a pretty good good film too.

Yeah, I think it's a great film, almost perfect except that you REALLY need to suspend your disbelief hard at the end. It's probably my favourite David Fincher film.

So far I've only watched through [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and have added them both to the wiki.
Back to top Go down
bullruckle

bullruckle

PostSubject: Re: LATEST ARRIVALS   LATEST ARRIVALS - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 6:56 am

These two arrived Tuesday:

The YIJC is missing the Obi unfortunately, but it still has the phone card which is cool.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LATEST ARRIVALS   LATEST ARRIVALS - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 7:55 am

Nice! Two great finds, I know the Keep in particular is pretty hard to find.

Interestingly the other night on Hallowe'en I was looking through seeing what films were on and noticed the Keep at some ungodly hour in the morning. Unfortunately I didn't get the chance to see it and forgot to record it.
Back to top Go down
PeaceMaker1

PeaceMaker1

PostSubject: New in...   LATEST ARRIVALS - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 4:57 pm

Only two of these came out before DVD started taking hold, so I'm glad I have them. Great show too, a mythic Chinese history, about Chinese heroes ansd set in China...made by a Japanese TV company, starring a mainly Japanese cast, and actually shot in the Japanese territories (you can clearly see all that black volcanic sand everywhere the heroes ride)

Really funly song at the end too! Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LATEST ARRIVALS   LATEST ARRIVALS - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 2:45 am

Nice, I've always meant to watch that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LATEST ARRIVALS   LATEST ARRIVALS - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

LATEST ARRIVALS
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next