DINODISC LASERDISC & RETRO GAMES
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DINODISC LASERDISC & RETRO GAMES

DINODISC IS A FORUM FOR COLLECTORS TO CHAT , BUY AND SELL LASERDISCS & RETRO GAMES

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Laserdisc's Pal or NTSC.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Icecapuk10

Icecapuk10

Laserdisc's Pal or NTSC. Empty
PostSubject: Laserdisc's Pal or NTSC.   Laserdisc's Pal or NTSC. EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 7:52 am

Hi Guy's and Gals, which format do you prefer? NTSC discs are slightly longer due to the format and also havent been grabbed by the BBFC and cut to ribbons. For instance the NTSC version of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom there is an area cut out of the PAL version where just before Indy is forced to drink from the sacrifice cup the young side kick gets slapped. I believe the NTSC versions colours are more vibrant, hence my sway towards NTSC and will vow to obtain only these unless i really want a disc that is only on Pal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Laserdisc's Pal or NTSC.   Laserdisc's Pal or NTSC. EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 11:35 am

Hi,

There's already a thread on this topic which can be found here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I personally think it all boils down to the individual disc...some PAL releases are better than NTSC and vice versa. I think on the technical side PAL wins on picture and NTSC wins on audio but it's all very dependant on the source material.
Back to top Go down
Reelmaster Oz

PostSubject: Re: Laserdisc's Pal or NTSC.   Laserdisc's Pal or NTSC. EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 6:55 pm

NTSC for the most part due to the higher frame rate but some NTSC discs look shite compared to a PAL
It all depends on the print. so for me. I give NTSC by about 2/3rds

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Laserdisc's Pal or NTSC.   Laserdisc's Pal or NTSC. Empty

Back to top Go down

Laserdisc's Pal or NTSC.
Page 1 of 1