DINODISC LASERDISC & RETRO GAMES

DINODISC IS A FORUM FOR COLLECTORS TO CHAT , BUY AND SELL LASERDISCS & RETRO GAMES

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Hello From The Heart Of England!!!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
PeaceMaker1

PostSubject: Hello From The Heart Of England!!!   Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:21 am

Good morning all.

I'm PeaceMaker1

I have always loved the thought of having Laserdisc, but sadly I was not in a position to own one when they first appeared.

I am more than making up for it now though Very Happy having gone from 'zero' to some 300 LDs and 7 machines on which to play them!

I am also really lucky on that my wife and son both enjoy the same things as I do (no, seriously! Smile ) My wife is a huge SUPERMAN fan and she is over the moon because she now has all the 'SUPER' movies on LD. A friend of mine recently got hold of a pristine SUPERMAN IV LD from Japan for me, so when she saw it she was as pleased as punch!

I don't regret buying into the format 15 years after its 'death' and if anyone can suggest some decent shelf units suitable for another 300 Lds I should be most grateful!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HippieDalek

PostSubject: Re: Hello From The Heart Of England!!!   Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:10 am

Welcome to the forum! I've only just started collecting myself, seems to be a lot of people who've only started recently, perhaps we're seeing a return, eh?

My girlfriend just rolls her eyes mainly when I suggest watching a laserdisc but at least she's into LPs the same as me.

Your wife would also be welcome on the forum, the more the merrier, we've got a couple of other women on here too.

Glad to have you on board,

Ewan.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://laserdisc.wikkii.com
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: WELCOME   Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:07 am

Welcome
Great to have you with us and hope you enjoy using the forum.

admin / jason
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://dinodisc.forumotion.co.uk
bullruckle

PostSubject: Re: Hello From The Heart Of England!!!   Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:01 am

Welcome Peace Maker.
Good work on the superman IV.

But 7 players!?!? Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PeaceMaker1

PostSubject: Re: Hello From The Heart Of England!!!   Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:14 am

bullruckle wrote:
Welcome Peace Maker.
Good work on the superman IV.

But 7 players!?!? Shocked

Oh yes. I reason it like like this....All players work just fine so....

1 x Pioneer DVL-909 in the main system
1 x Pioneer CLD-D925 in the second system
1 x Pioneer CLD-D925 to break for spares or straight replace, should it be required.
1 x Pioneer CLD2950 with AC3 Modification as stand-by machine to either my 909 or my 925
1 x Pioneer CLD-D515 as a spare machine 'proper'
1 x Pioneer CLD-D515 to break and repair for the main 515 - should it be required
1 x Pioneer CLD-S315 as my last ditch 'use it if everything else breaks down' machine.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
laserkb

PostSubject: Re: Hello From The Heart Of England!!!   Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:54 am

And I thought I was being excessive with five players (only four now as I recently sold one). Can anyone out there top your seven?

You ask about storage for laserdiscs. Here's what I posted on The Obligatory Collection thread:

"How do people here store theirs?

Well, not wishing to advertise, but IKEA sells the ideal storage solution in the form of a bookcase (it's called BILLY) which has the perfect dimensions for laserdiscs. It has 6 vertical compartments, each holding about 50 discs - so 300 in the whole unit - for a mere £20. And when your collection grows, you can securely link more units together in a sturdy solid system. I keep my LDs in PVC protective sleeves to prevent shelf wear and they can get a bit dusty if not taken out every once in a while. The only drawback is in trying to transport these units home in your car as they're over 2 meteres long."

And further on in the the thread there's a picture of LD Hunter's set-up showing these same units. For the money, there's nothing more suitable unless you build your own!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello From The Heart Of England!!!   

Back to top Go down

Hello From The Heart Of England!!!
Page 1 of 1