DINODISC LASERDISC & RETRO GAMES
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DINODISC LASERDISC & RETRO GAMES

DINODISC IS A FORUM FOR COLLECTORS TO CHAT , BUY AND SELL LASERDISCS & RETRO GAMES

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pioneer CLD-D925 loading issue

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
leekehrer

leekehrer

Pioneer CLD-D925 loading issue Empty
PostSubject: Pioneer CLD-D925 loading issue   Pioneer CLD-D925 loading issue EmptySun May 22, 2011 3:37 pm

Hi everyone.

Ive recently discovered a problem with my LD player.
When I put in a disc, the drawer closes fully and then there is a sound like a mechanism getting slightly stuck and "moaning" gradualy slower until it stops and then the tray ejects again.
The problem is consistent with both LDs and CDs.
Just wondering if anyone has encountered anything like this before and how/if it was corrected.

Thanks
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pioneer CLD-D925 loading issue   Pioneer CLD-D925 loading issue EmptySun May 22, 2011 4:27 pm

It sounds like a mechanical fault to me.

I've read that a lot of Pioneer players show an error code on the front, is yours showing anything?

Sorry I've not been much help.
Back to top Go down
Icecapuk10

Icecapuk10

PostSubject: Re: Pioneer CLD-D925 loading issue   Pioneer CLD-D925 loading issue EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 1:42 pm

I have the same issue with my CLD D925 and the error code presented on the display is U1 which I believe is a clamping issue. It seems to be intermittent but becoming more apparent. I have since moved over to a U.S. DVL 909(but cannot use my Pal discs but on the plus side its a multi-region dvd player). I also have a pioneer CLD515 as a spare but would rather have my good old 925 back in working action as its nearly 14yr's old now and served me well from the day I purchased it from the store.
Back to top Go down
leekehrer

leekehrer

PostSubject: Re: Pioneer CLD-D925 loading issue   Pioneer CLD-D925 loading issue EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 3:39 pm

Thanks for the reply guys. Unfortunately there is no error message shown on the display whicjh is puzzeling. Interesting to hear similar stories though. Wonder if it's an easy fix???
Back to top Go down
BeebMaster

BeebMaster

PostSubject: Re: Pioneer CLD-D925 loading issue   Pioneer CLD-D925 loading issue EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 2:44 pm

I get the U1 error on my CLD-D515 from time to time. It was damaged in the post, looked like somebody had thumped the lid towards the rear with a brick and so the shaft which allows the laser unit to change sides had buckled downwards. It's made out of quite soft metal so it was easy enough to straighten out, but even now I'm not convinced it's 100%.

When the disc tray is ejected, there is a bit of a clanking noise as it catches slightly; it wasn't opening it all before I tried to fix it. Discs seem to play OK so that's the main thing!

I only seem to get the U1 error and the disc ejecting itself when I have pressed Play from an open tray. If I close the tray first and then press play, it doesn't happen.
Back to top Go down
http://www.BeebMaster.co.uk
Icecapuk10

Icecapuk10

PostSubject: Re: Pioneer CLD-D925 loading issue   Pioneer CLD-D925 loading issue EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 10:59 am

Pioneer U1 issues and mechanical noises when ejecting and loading a disc are to do with the slider mechanism inside the player. Sometimes nudging the left hand side of the player will jolt the belt but not all the time. To fix this first turn off the power and disconnect from wall socket. Remove the outer cover (7 screws, 2 either side and 3 at the back), turn the power on and eject the disc drawer. When the disc drawer is extended out there are 2 plastic levers preventing the drawer coming all the way out. At this point turn the player off and disconnect from the power supply, then using your thumbs push the 2 plastic levers on the back of the disc tray and extract the drawer. Take note when pulling out the drawer as to the 2 metal runners so it is easy replacing the drawer the same way it came out. Once the drawer is out you will see some white plastic cogs with a black rubber belt attached to a pulley.( it is this belt that causes the issue) remove this and replace with pioneer part VEB1184. Use a google search for electrical outlets that sell these. Cost's can vary from £3 - £11. Once this has been fitted re assemble the same way as dismantling. Ensure when replacing the disc drawer that the unit has power and that the metal plates on the rear of the drawer are in line with the two grooves and the drawer is flush on each runner (you will feel a little resistance when pushing the drawer back onto the runners but the player will accept it and retract the drawer itself onto the internal runners). If you fail at this stage by not aligning correctly you can damage the drawer and the player runners. Remove the power source and reassemble the top cover

I have fixed 2 x Pioneer CLD D925 both mine and my brothers using this method and have happily been using the players for over 6 months now with no issues (played about 100 movies). Unit fully back to normal Very Happy

The slider mechanism is the same for most laserdisc players made from 1994 and up so be sure if you can get a service manual for your model just to be sure.
The method above also works on Pioneer CLD 515 CLD2950 and 2850 models.

Although this has worked for me and if you use the method above and you damage your player, I will not be held responsible. Only attempt this if you are comfortable in reparing the device yourself, if not seek a service centre to perform this replacement belt process for you.

Hope these help..
regards

Paul
Back to top Go down
BeebMaster

BeebMaster

PostSubject: Re: Pioneer CLD-D925 loading issue   Pioneer CLD-D925 loading issue EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 1:29 pm

Thanks for this advice. I'll leave mine as it is for the time being, but if it gets any worse or stops working altogether, I'll certainly look into replacing the belt.

I've tried to track down the user guide and service manual for the CLD-D515 but I haven't had much luck. The best I could manage was a copy of the user guide in Dutch!
Back to top Go down
http://www.BeebMaster.co.uk
leekehrer

leekehrer

PostSubject: Re: Pioneer CLD-D925 loading issue   Pioneer CLD-D925 loading issue EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 3:39 pm

Paul, thank you so very much for such a comprehensive explanation and repair guide, including part numbers. I've always been handy with electricals, so I will be attempting this as soon as possible. Even if it does not repair the problem I have, I'm sure it will be worth while replacing the belt for longevity of the machine anyway. So glad someone like yourself stumbled upon my issue. Thanks again for your kind help. Long live DINODISC.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pioneer CLD-D925 loading issue   Pioneer CLD-D925 loading issue Empty

Back to top Go down

Pioneer CLD-D925 loading issue
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DINODISC LASERDISC & RETRO GAMES :: LASERDISC TECHNICAL SUPPORT-
Jump to: