DINODISC LASERDISC & RETRO GAMES
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DINODISC LASERDISC & RETRO GAMES

DINODISC IS A FORUM FOR COLLECTORS TO CHAT , BUY AND SELL LASERDISCS & RETRO GAMES

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

ONLY RELEASED IN JAPAN

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

ONLY RELEASED IN JAPAN  Empty
PostSubject: ONLY RELEASED IN JAPAN    ONLY RELEASED IN JAPAN  EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 12:15 pm

Some films on laserdiscs were only ever released in japan , these are some that I would love to own.

The Cell ,mission impossible,The limey,xmen,u-571,The Sixth Day
The Beach,The Sixth Sense,Stigmata,Titan ae

I would still prefer to own a USA release but if the film isnt available then a japan release is the only other option, the one I want most is U-571.

anyone know of any other must own films that are only available in japan?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
https://dinodisc.forumotion.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: ONLY RELEASED IN JAPAN    ONLY RELEASED IN JAPAN  EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 1:00 pm

The one that's been tempting me lately because of the reportedly fantastic picture quality is Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace. I just can't bring myself to let such a poor quality film into my collection though...
Back to top Go down
bullruckle

bullruckle

PostSubject: Re: ONLY RELEASED IN JAPAN    ONLY RELEASED IN JAPAN  EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 10:20 pm

Admin wrote:

anyone know of any other must own films that are only available in japan?
I'd say fight club would be a good one to have in the collection. 8mm was jap only and is pretty good if you like Nic Cage. There's quite a few more jap only releases but I'm not sure they are must own (depends if you like the film or not I suppose)
Probably one jap only title that should only be in the most dedicated collection is Police Academy 7: mission to Moscow. Rubbish movie.

Also on a side note, I see a sealed copy of the Cell sold last week on lddb.com for $1250!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ONLY RELEASED IN JAPAN    ONLY RELEASED IN JAPAN  EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 1:52 am

Good call on Fight Club, another one that I'd love to get hold of but rarely comes up for sale. Another one like that is X Men, I've never seen it go for less than £250.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: ONLY RELEASED IN JAPAN    ONLY RELEASED IN JAPAN  EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 3:40 am

I stumbled across this one whilst browsing on ebay , I had no idea that this film had been released on laserdisc. I have been watching quite a few british films lately so thought I would snap it up and it arrived in the post yesterday. Seems odd that such a popular film was never released in the us or uk.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
https://dinodisc.forumotion.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ONLY RELEASED IN JAPAN    ONLY RELEASED IN JAPAN  Empty

Back to top Go down

ONLY RELEASED IN JAPAN
Page 1 of 1