DINODISC LASERDISC & RETRO GAMES
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DINODISC LASERDISC & RETRO GAMES

DINODISC IS A FORUM FOR COLLECTORS TO CHAT , BUY AND SELL LASERDISCS & RETRO GAMES

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

WHATS A LASERDISC

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

WHATS A LASERDISC Empty
PostSubject: WHATS A LASERDISC   WHATS A LASERDISC EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 11:41 am

Tommorow Im going to be doing a carboot sale to try and move some of my old stock of dvds,games and consoles but for the 1st time Im going to be taking along some laserdiscs. I imagine that I will be lucky if I find anyone who even knows what they are never mind sell any , Im only taking a few box sets including star wars and a few horror titles. Now I know I have little chance of selling any but its more out of curiosity ,I want to see what peoples reaction is to the awesome artwork and box sets that put the dvds that they are sharing a stall with to shame. I will post tomorrow and let you all know how I get on.
Back to top Go down
https://dinodisc.forumotion.co.uk
laserkb

laserkb

WHATS A LASERDISC Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHATS A LASERDISC   WHATS A LASERDISC EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 12:22 pm

I bet most people will think they're LPs, probably movie soundtracks, and they'll tell you their Dads or Uncles used to have one of those "what-d'yer-call-em? - thingummyjigs, er, turntable record thingies" but they haven't got one now 'COS THEY DOWNLOAD EVERYTHING.

Just wait till some leather-clad biker sees 'em and yells: "Lost yer Dansette, mate?"

Remember, this is progress.......
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

WHATS A LASERDISC Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHATS A LASERDISC   WHATS A LASERDISC EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 10:52 am

Well after a long day at the carboot sale Im now able to relax , for about 1hr anyway untill my daughter needs me to be her taxi , well it was a busy day with plenty of people looking over my stall to see what I had on offer and amonst the many dvds and cds etc I had a small display of laserdiscs. Now I never expected sell any or even anyone to know what they were but I did find at least few people that were aware that they do exist , mainly collectors of pre cert videos who were quite hapy to comment on them but didnt share my passion . Then I met someone who not only knew what they were but had been recently browsing the dinodisc store. We chatted for about an hour or so and I was quite suprised at how much he knew about them. He hasnt added to his collection for a while and has sold many of his discs over the years but still has a player and about 100 films. It was nice to meet someone who clearly shared my interest ,he told me he would send me an email and seemed interested in joining the forum so Im glad I took the laserdiscs with me , I might not have sold any or introduced laserdiscs to anyone new , but I did meet 1 person with an interest and had a good chat.
Back to top Go down
https://dinodisc.forumotion.co.uk
Sponsored content

WHATS A LASERDISC Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHATS A LASERDISC   WHATS A LASERDISC Empty

Back to top Go down

WHATS A LASERDISC
Page 1 of 1