DINODISC LASERDISC & RETRO GAMES
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DINODISC LASERDISC & RETRO GAMES

DINODISC IS A FORUM FOR COLLECTORS TO CHAT , BUY AND SELL LASERDISCS & RETRO GAMES

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

LATEST ARRIVALS

Go down 
+5
nissling
bullruckle
SnR
PeaceMaker1
Admin
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

LATEST ARRIVALS Empty
PostSubject: LATEST ARRIVALS   LATEST ARRIVALS EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 11:19 am

I have just had a delivery of laserdiscs today and thought I would show you a few of them which includes a copy of re-animator signed by Geoffery coombs , Im very happy with them and they all look to be in tip top condition.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
https://dinodisc.forumotion.co.uk
PeaceMaker1

PeaceMaker1

LATEST ARRIVALS Empty
PostSubject: New in....   LATEST ARRIVALS EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 10:36 am

This arrived this week...

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

LATEST ARRIVALS Empty
PostSubject: Re: LATEST ARRIVALS   LATEST ARRIVALS EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 11:02 am

[quote="PeaceMaker1"]This arrived this week...

I want it , great cover but I havent seen the film and would like to know how you rate it once you have seen it.
jason
Back to top Go down
PeaceMaker1

PeaceMaker1

LATEST ARRIVALS Empty
PostSubject: Re: LATEST ARRIVALS   LATEST ARRIVALS EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 11:19 am

OK, I will post my opinions.

This was one of the first films I ever rented for myself on VHS all those years ago...when companies like AVCO/EMBASSY and ALPHA had the UK rights to films like this, DAWN OF THE DEAD and ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK.

Great times Very Happy .
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

LATEST ARRIVALS Empty
PostSubject: Re: LATEST ARRIVALS   LATEST ARRIVALS EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 3:51 am

JUST ARRIVED
Jacket very good but it has quite a few marks on the disc that the seller never mentioned but so long as it plays well I dont mind too much as it is quite a rare disc and hard to find. This will be the next film on my player I think Very Happy

Back to top Go down
SnR

SnR

LATEST ARRIVALS Empty
PostSubject: Re: LATEST ARRIVALS   LATEST ARRIVALS EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 6:26 am

About as rare as you can get....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My new discs..... VERY rare and almost have a working system with a SCSI Computer controlled player too...
Back to top Go down
PeaceMaker1

PeaceMaker1

LATEST ARRIVALS Empty
PostSubject: Re: LATEST ARRIVALS   LATEST ARRIVALS EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 6:28 am

You've been after this for a while now haven't you, SnR?

Well done there!
Back to top Go down
SnR

SnR

LATEST ARRIVALS Empty
PostSubject: Re: LATEST ARRIVALS   LATEST ARRIVALS EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 6:40 am

Costs to date...

Domesday Discs £400
Philips VP415 SCSI Player £300 (NOT WORKING)
Philips VP410 Alternate NON SCSI player £200 (NOT WORKING) for spares
Philips VP380 Alternate NON SCSI player £80 (NOT WORKING) for spares
Acorn BBC Master Turbo with 4Mhz 65c102 second processor £120
Videodisc filing system on ROM £20
Floppy Disc Drive for the Computer £130 (5.25" and 3.5")
Alternate 3Mhz 6502 Second Processor £130
Acorn BBC Master 128 for spares with new powersupply and network interface £100

SCSI Card (NOT AVAILABLE but am making one from scratch from photo's and circuit diagram)

Me = 1 very Skint student....

SnR (Ian)
Back to top Go down
PeaceMaker1

PeaceMaker1

LATEST ARRIVALS Empty
PostSubject: Re: LATEST ARRIVALS   LATEST ARRIVALS EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 6:48 am

Excuse my shocking ignorance, but what is it you are going to end up doing with all of this, once you have all the required components?
Back to top Go down
SnR

SnR

LATEST ARRIVALS Empty
PostSubject: Re: LATEST ARRIVALS   LATEST ARRIVALS EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 7:25 am

There are probably less than 6 known-to-be working Acorn BBC Master AIV Domesday systems in the UK, including the one at the Science Museum in London, a couple a the National Museum of Computing (Bletchley Park), one at the Public Records Office and one at the Centre for Computing History currently in Haverhill and soon to be relocating to Cambridge (the historical home of the UK home computing industry).

The best bet for understanding it would be read up here:

The main reason is for my final year project at uni where I am going to be writing about how to store digital data in the long term. (100yrs +)
This may sound simple but think about how many floppy discs there are these days let alone laserdiscs with data on them.
Technology moves so fast that there is not a safe and reliable way of storing massive amounts of data in the long term.

The Domesday project is the perfect example of how not to do it. Don't use leading edge technology as it may not last.

SnR

Back to top Go down
PeaceMaker1

PeaceMaker1

LATEST ARRIVALS Empty
PostSubject: Re: LATEST ARRIVALS   LATEST ARRIVALS EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 10:41 am

Thank you for the link. It was fascinating. Good luck with it.
Back to top Go down
bullruckle

bullruckle

LATEST ARRIVALS Empty
PostSubject: Re: LATEST ARRIVALS   LATEST ARRIVALS EmptySun May 01, 2011 8:15 am

This lot just arrived the other day. All off of Yahoo Auction Japan

Cool that theres a few Disney movies with DTS soundtracks (I didnt realise until I saw Hercules up for auction).

Also if anyone wants to swing past mine to do some virtual drugs, feel free (I got 4 pairs of the required 3D glasses-so no more than 4 at a time I'm afraid . Cool )
Back to top Go down
PeaceMaker1

PeaceMaker1

LATEST ARRIVALS Empty
PostSubject: Re: LATEST ARRIVALS   LATEST ARRIVALS EmptySun May 01, 2011 8:52 am

bullruckle wrote:
....Also if anyone wants to swing past mine to do some virtual drugs, feel free (I got 4 pairs of the required 3D glasses-so no more than 4 at a time I'm afraid . Cool )

Far out man!!!
Back to top Go down
PeaceMaker1

PeaceMaker1

LATEST ARRIVALS Empty
PostSubject: Today's arrivals...   LATEST ARRIVALS EmptyTue May 03, 2011 1:59 pm

Thanks BR, you are a star!!!!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

LATEST ARRIVALS Empty
PostSubject: Re: LATEST ARRIVALS   LATEST ARRIVALS EmptySat May 07, 2011 3:18 am

This has just arrived , I have never seen it and will be watching it tonight
Back to top Go down
bullruckle

bullruckle

LATEST ARRIVALS Empty
PostSubject: Re: LATEST ARRIVALS   LATEST ARRIVALS EmptySat May 07, 2011 8:21 am

Nice pick up admin. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
nissling

LATEST ARRIVALS Empty
PostSubject: Re: LATEST ARRIVALS   LATEST ARRIVALS EmptySun May 08, 2011 2:10 am

Those arrived this week. Don't mind the Dvd's.

Back to top Go down
PeaceMaker1

PeaceMaker1

LATEST ARRIVALS Empty
PostSubject: Re: LATEST ARRIVALS   LATEST ARRIVALS EmptySun May 08, 2011 2:18 am

nissling wrote:
Those arrived this week. Don't mind the Dvd's.

Good find nissling. Two Criterions, and the Japanese version of one of them also. That's the kind of thing I'd do Wink
Back to top Go down

LATEST ARRIVALS Empty
PostSubject: Re: LATEST ARRIVALS   LATEST ARRIVALS EmptyThu May 12, 2011 2:51 am

SnR wrote:
About as rare as you can get....

My new discs..... VERY rare and almost have a working system with a SCSI Computer controlled player too...

I thought you might be interested in this BBC article [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Ironically I can't seem to get the video to work...
Back to top Go down

LATEST ARRIVALS Empty
PostSubject: Re: LATEST ARRIVALS   LATEST ARRIVALS EmptyThu May 12, 2011 5:07 am

I wasn't expecting a delivery this soon but I just received these in the post fresh from DinoDisc!

I love that Evil Dead 2 still comes with the original sticker (still on a little bit of the original shrink wrap):

And Jacob's Ladder, which I won in the May Prize Draw, is a Laserdisc Sample:

Does anyone know exactly what a "Laserdisc Sample" is? Is it like "Promo" LPs that were sent out to radio stations and magazines to review?

Thanks again DinoDisc! I got some great laserdiscs at some excellent prices!
Back to top Go down
AvanteProject

LATEST ARRIVALS Empty
PostSubject: Re: LATEST ARRIVALS   LATEST ARRIVALS EmptyThu May 12, 2011 10:08 am

Drop Dead Fred and Happy Gilmore arrived Today. Will post pics soon. Have watched Happy Gilmore already. It looks and sounds great!
Back to top Go down

LATEST ARRIVALS Empty
PostSubject: Re: LATEST ARRIVALS   LATEST ARRIVALS EmptyMon May 23, 2011 6:45 am

Just picked up the Widescreen edition of The Terminator for £4 from the bakery next to my work...how bizarre!
Back to top Go down
AvanteProject

LATEST ARRIVALS Empty
PostSubject: Re: LATEST ARRIVALS   LATEST ARRIVALS EmptyMon May 23, 2011 5:13 pm

HippieDalek wrote:
Just picked up the Widescreen edition of The Terminator for £4 from the bakery next to my work...how bizarre!

Is that the remastered edition? > [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It's one of my favourite LaserDiscs. The sound and picture are incredible! If not, how is the picture and sound on that one?
Back to top Go down

LATEST ARRIVALS Empty
PostSubject: Re: LATEST ARRIVALS   LATEST ARRIVALS EmptyMon May 23, 2011 5:28 pm

AvanteProject wrote:
Is that the remastered edition? > [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Yep, that's the one. Not had a chance to watch it yet but the packaging is pristine so I think I got a bargain.

After hearing how good you think the quality is I'm really looking forward to watching it : )
Back to top Go down
AvanteProject

LATEST ARRIVALS Empty
PostSubject: Re: LATEST ARRIVALS   LATEST ARRIVALS EmptyMon May 23, 2011 7:18 pm

HippieDalek wrote:
AvanteProject wrote:

Yep, that's the one. Not had a chance to watch it yet but the packaging is pristine so I think I got a bargain.

After hearing how good you think the quality is I'm really looking forward to watching it : )

Whether you'll think the same, I'm not too sure. There are other LaserDiscs that look better overall but The Terminator has great colour balance that is quite saturated but realistic and there's a lot of detail. I actually prefer the picture on LD over the Blu Ray. And I love the sound because it's the original mono track, unlike the DVD and Blu Ray that has a 5.1 remix with a lot of the effects replaced. Also, being THX assured it's really clear and has a lot of range.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

LATEST ARRIVALS Empty
PostSubject: Re: LATEST ARRIVALS   LATEST ARRIVALS Empty

Back to top Go down

LATEST ARRIVALS
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next