DINODISC LASERDISC & RETRO GAMES
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DINODISC LASERDISC & RETRO GAMES

DINODISC IS A FORUM FOR COLLECTORS TO CHAT , BUY AND SELL LASERDISCS & RETRO GAMES

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Doomsday Player Philips VP415

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SnR

SnR

Doomsday Player Philips VP415 Empty
PostSubject: Doomsday Player Philips VP415   Doomsday Player Philips VP415 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 7:14 am

Can I make a request that anyone that discovers any philips 198x equipment / manuals please contact me as I am currently rebuilding the SCSI LV-ROM player that was connected to the Acorn/BBC Doomsday project in 1986. I am also on the hunt for the Doomsday Discs as I almost have a working system

I currently have a dead VP380 and a dead VP415 where the former is RS232 control and the latter is RS232 and SCSI with a built in genlock for mixing video from the old Acorn BBC Master AIV.

There are only about 10 people in the world who have these systems working and I am very close to finishing this project.

SnR (Ian)
Back to top Go down
BeebMaster

BeebMaster

Doomsday Player Philips VP415 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doomsday Player Philips VP415   Doomsday Player Philips VP415 EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 2:20 pm

Hello - I might be able to help, I do have a working Domesday System and VP415, repaired last month after the PSU exploded last year! I also have a "spare" working VP415 which I cobbled together last year from a broken VP415 and a fully working VP410. The VP410 is identical to the VP415 except that it doesn't have the SCSI/Genlock "Domesday Sandwich" at the bottom. I've also got a working VP380 but I'm not sure how similar the insides are to the VP4xx players.

The VP415 user's manual and service manual are online somewhere or other, I can get them to you from my local copies if you can't find them.

Since I repaired the VP415 at the beginning of July, I've been doing as much work as I can with the Domesday System before it conks out again, in time for the 25th anniversary in November.
Back to top Go down
http://www.BeebMaster.co.uk

Doomsday Player Philips VP415
Page 1 of 1