DINODISC LASERDISC & RETRO GAMES
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DINODISC LASERDISC & RETRO GAMES

DINODISC IS A FORUM FOR COLLECTORS TO CHAT , BUY AND SELL LASERDISCS & RETRO GAMES

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

CREATIVE COMPETITION - £10 store credit for the winner

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

CREATIVE COMPETITION - £10 store credit for the winner Empty
PostSubject: CREATIVE COMPETITION - £10 store credit for the winner   CREATIVE COMPETITION - £10 store credit for the winner EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 2:52 am

The creative competition has now been reopened

*****£10 STORE CREDIT FOR THE WINNER*****

Here's a competition with a twist.

Get your creative juices flowing by competing to see who can come up with the best laserdisc that doesn't exist, but should exist!

Ideas can be of films that are too new for laserdisc, ones that were never released on the format for some reason, TV shows, concerts...anything really.

You can also increase your chances of winning by entering more than one idea or add special features, chapter titles, side breaks etc and if you're good with Photoshop why not give us some cover art?

The competition is open for all to enter between 29/07/11 and 29/08/11 After that each user who wishes to vote can PM the Admin and let him know who you think should win (no voting for yourself though : p)

TO ENTER SIMPLY POST YOUR IDEAS HERE IN THE CREATIVE COMPETITON TOPIC IN THE CHAT FORUM.

the last winner of this competition was hippiedalek with Blakes7 .
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This competition has been reopened because we have had an excellent late entry by Leekehrer which will hopefully inspire other members to get involved.
This is his cover of Dog Soldiers which I'm sure you will agree is fantastic.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
https://dinodisc.forumotion.co.uk
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: CREATIVE COMPETITION - £10 store credit for the winner   CREATIVE COMPETITION - £10 store credit for the winner EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 4:09 am

If I get a few tips on how to do covers I might attempt to do a few covers myself but for now I will just list a few of the top films of the last decade , here are 10 films that I would like to see on laserdisc.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (Michel Gondry, 2004)
Testing the limits of narrative convolutions and visual technique, Gondry directs an ingenious script about memory-wiping. A central tempestuous romance between Jim Carrey’s Joel and Kate Winslet’s Clementine, however, is never once overshadowed.

Downfall (Oliver Hirschbiegel, 2004)
One of the most extraordinary cinematic explorations of failure, disappointment and thwarted ambition ever made, this tale of Hitler’s final days features a savage, dazzling performance by Bruno Ganz.

Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan (Larry Charles, 2006)
The decade’s favourite sexist, anti-Semitic, racist homophobe, Borat picked at the scabs of America’s intolerance and hypocrisy. Sacha Baron Cohen’s status as the most fearless man in comedy is unlikely to be challenged in the near future.

Finding Nemo (Andrew Stanton/Lee Unkrich, 2003)
The Pixar trademarks are all there — rapid-fire badinage, ravishing visuals, and sympathetic characters. But this tale of a timid clownfish tracking his kidnapped son carries, like a subaqueous Searchers, a genuinely mythic uppercut.

The Dark Knight (Christopher Nolan, 2008)
A rare example of a film franchise in which the director’s vision triumphs over the tendency to churn out a homogenous brand. A chilling, brilliant swan song for Heath Ledger as the Joker.

Bad Santa (Terry Zwigoff, 2003)
Billy Bob Thornton buys his Christmas spirit in bulk from the discount liquor store and drinks away his hatred of children in order to face his job as a department store Santa. Take a wild guess whether he’s naughty or nice.

About Schmidt (Alexander Payne, 2002)
Possibly the last great Jack Nicholson performance of the decade (and no, hamming it up in The Departed doesn’t count). He stars as a superannuated actuary searching for meaning in an empty middle-American existence. The tear-stained finale is heartbreaking.

City of God (Fernando Meirelles, Katia Lund, 2002)
Vital, kinetic and visceral, this Brazilian favela epic sent shockwaves through audiences. The cool and the camaraderie of crime in the face of extreme poverty is powerfully evoked, as is the terrible cost to young lives.

The Departed (2006)
Two men from opposite sides of the law are undercover within the Massachusetts State Police and the Irish mafia, but violence and bloodshed boil when discoveries are made, and the moles are dispatched to find out their enemy's identities.

Toy Story 3 (2010)
The toys are mistakenly delivered to a day-care center instead of the attic right before Andy leaves for college, and it's up to Woody to convince the other toys that they weren't abandoned and to return home.

Back to top Go down
AvanteProject

PostSubject: Re: CREATIVE COMPETITION - £10 store credit for the winner   CREATIVE COMPETITION - £10 store credit for the winner EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 11:45 am

Took me quite a while to do this. I'm happy with the results though.

WWF Wrestlemania XIV: Special Edition
Released by WWF Home Video

Sides 1, 2 & 3 (CLV)
Wrestlemania XIV in it's entirety

Side 4 (CAV)
Advertising campaigns
Event photos
Event merchandise
Production notes

Side 5
Highlights from the March 21st episode of Monday Night Raw
Wrestlemania XIV post show press conference

Side 6
Showcase of the Immortals: A special look at Wrestlemania 1-13
dX-Raided: An in depth look at Wrestlemania XIV

Also included
Full colour leaflet with chapter listings, production notes and information on the LaserDisc transfer
Exclusive A3 poster

specs:

Ratio - 4:3
Sound - Digital: Stereo
Analog Left: Alternate commentary on selected matches
Analog Right: Alternate 'Arena soundtrack'
Back to top Go down
leekehrer

leekehrer

PostSubject: Re: CREATIVE COMPETITION - £10 store credit for the winner   CREATIVE COMPETITION - £10 store credit for the winner EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 4:42 pm

I have two more that I am working on. Here is the first. I hope you all like.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CREATIVE COMPETITION - £10 store credit for the winner   CREATIVE COMPETITION - £10 store credit for the winner EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 6:35 am

I'm really impressed with the current entries, you guys are taking it much further than I did, I love the Wrestle Mania mock ups, really detailed.

Having seen these entries I've been inspired to have another go and will try and make some more detailed mock ups. Here's one I'm working on at the minute, I'll update it as I make more of it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sides 1,2,3 (CLV)
The film, letterboxed, AC3, Commentary by Christopher Nolan

Discs 1 and 3 also contain alternate opening and closing sequences to allow for scene programming to re-order the scenes in to chronological sequence (similar to Criterion's Close Encounters of the Third Kind release).

Side 4 (CAV)
Original Theatrical Trailer
In-depth Interview with Director Christopher Nolan
Memento Mori - The Entire Text Of The Short Story On Which The Film Is Based
Tattoo Gallery With Comparisons Between The Original Designs & Finished Product

The discs would come in gatefold packaging. The packaging would contain information about the film including production, cast and crew as well as chapter points and detailed information on how to program the scenes chronologically.

I'll update this post as I make new/better pictures.
Back to top Go down
leekehrer

leekehrer

PostSubject: Re: CREATIVE COMPETITION - £10 store credit for the winner   CREATIVE COMPETITION - £10 store credit for the winner EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 3:28 pm

Wow, loving wrestlemania and Memento. Now there is a film I've never seen yet. I saw snips of it one night about 9 years ago and I was mightily confused.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: COMPETITION VOTES   CREATIVE COMPETITION - £10 store credit for the winner EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 4:20 am

Please could any members who havent already voted for the winner of the creative competition please PM me with their favourite covers , you have untill the 29/08/11 to vote and then winner will be announced.
Thankyou to all who took part.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: COMPETITION WINNER   CREATIVE COMPETITION - £10 store credit for the winner EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 1:16 pm

The winner of the creative competition is avanteproject with 2 votes , runners up are hippiedalek and leekehrer with 1 vote each.

WINNER avanteproject £10 store credit

RUNNERS UP hippiedalek and leekehrer £5 store credit

Thankyou for your great covers , I would love to see more so feel free to do more just for fun .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CREATIVE COMPETITION - £10 store credit for the winner   CREATIVE COMPETITION - £10 store credit for the winner Empty

Back to top Go down

CREATIVE COMPETITION - £10 store credit for the winner
Page 1 of 1