DINODISC LASERDISC & RETRO GAMES
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DINODISC LASERDISC & RETRO GAMES

DINODISC IS A FORUM FOR COLLECTORS TO CHAT , BUY AND SELL LASERDISCS & RETRO GAMES

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Star Wars BluRay

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Star Wars BluRay Empty
PostSubject: Star Wars BluRay   Star Wars BluRay EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 2:43 am

I'm probably opening a massive can of worms here but what do people think of the upcoming Star Wars Blu Ray releases?

A few audio segments have been 'leaked' and synched with existing video footage, the second one has been confirmed by Lucas himself so the first is probably legitimate too.

Ben's Call

Once again Lucas has felt the need to change this as he did in the 2004 DVDs, but this time he just goes completely over the top, he sounds like a "comedy camp" stubbing his toe.

Noooooooo!

Remember the end of Revenge of the Sith when Darth Vader screams "nooooooo!" Wasn't is so dramatic and heartwrenching....well now you can enjoy it in Return of the Jedi too! (please read the previous sentence with masses of sarcasm)

These following video segments are taken from the BluRays. Once again the second clip has been confirmed by Lucas.

Ewok Eyelids

A small change that people are getting really worked up about but I don't find it too distracting in this clip. It's certainly not as intrusive as other changes.

CGI Yoda (Phantom Menace only)

Of course the changes aren't limited to the old trilogy, none of the prequel films made it to DVD unaltered, and so it continues with the new trilogy. To be honest I couldn't really care less about this change as a) the puppet was pretty aweful when compared to the excellent puppet work in Empire and Jedi, and b) Phantom Menace is a terrible piece of cinema I never plan to relive again.

Greebo STILL shoots first

This is where it all started. This is when we knew in 1997 that Lucas had lost it. At least the edit of this is much better and if you blink at the right moment you can hardly notice that Greebo shoots...but it's still there.

Jabba's Door

This just looks too fake to be the finished product, but then again you never know.

We Need More TIE Fighters
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4fq4CH3I7SU
From an official Blu Ray documentary so I'm guessing it's legit. At the very end we now see more TIE fighters coming towards the Falcon.

R2D2 Rocks
Star Wars BluRay R2newshots

Remember that not all of these are confirmed, but many of them are, and these will no doubt be just the tip of the ice berg.

Needless to say I'll be sticking with my Faces Laserdisc editions. I don't have a BluRay player yet but I was sorely tempted to upgrade for Star Wars. After seeing just how far Lucas has lost the plot though that temptation has gone.

One interesting note is that even the Faces edition of A New Hope has been altered. The opening crawl is different (mostly to add in the films new title) and there are several audio changes throughout. However this is the version I grew up with so I don't really feel that annoyed about it.

So who will be getting the BluRay releases? What are you opinions on these changes and all the other changes in general? Do you think we'll ever see the original, unaltered trilogy on BluRay?
Back to top Go down

Star Wars BluRay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars BluRay   Star Wars BluRay EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 11:20 am

Another video of Jabba's Door...along with another annoying change:
Back to top Go down

Star Wars BluRay
Page 1 of 1