DINODISC LASERDISC & RETRO GAMES
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DINODISC LASERDISC & RETRO GAMES

DINODISC IS A FORUM FOR COLLECTORS TO CHAT , BUY AND SELL LASERDISCS & RETRO GAMES

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

SHORT FILMS

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

SHORT FILMS Empty
PostSubject: SHORT FILMS   SHORT FILMS EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 4:56 pm

I have recently watched some folks call it a sling blade which is the short film that led to the making of the feature film sling blade , Billy Bob Thornton starred in and also wrote this academy award winning screen play. The run time is only 25mins but there is also some extra making of footage. Sling Blade is one of my all time favourite films and this short story is almost the same as the begining of sling blade but filmed in black & white but you see a slightly more darker , menacing side of karl childers.
The making of was interesting and Billy bob mentioned one of his favourite short films an occurrence at owl creek bridge , I found this short film on the internet and it is quite a good short film approx 30mins long.

Anyone have a favourite short film?
Back to top Go down
https://dinodisc.forumotion.co.uk
laserkb

laserkb

SHORT FILMS Empty
PostSubject: Re: SHORT FILMS   SHORT FILMS EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 6:37 pm

"An Occurrence At Owl Creek Bridge" - is that the same short film that was included in the final season of the original Twilight Zone? I remember it was a French-made film but with no dialogue so there was no need for dubbing or subtitles, and it was the only episode not made by the TZ production team. Rod Serling's introduction states that he and his producers were so impressed with it, and felt that it would fit perfectly into the TZ concept, that it was bought outright and the programme makers simply put their own opening and closing titles on it. It's a superb and haunting piece, almost like a dream (or nightmare).

Or perhaps you were watching an entirely different version?

BTW, if you get the chance to read the original Ambrose Bierce short story, I'd really recommend it. It's in loads of anthologies, so it shouldn't be hard to find.
Back to top Go down

SHORT FILMS
Page 1 of 1