DINODISC LASERDISC & RETRO GAMES
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DINODISC LASERDISC & RETRO GAMES

DINODISC IS A FORUM FOR COLLECTORS TO CHAT , BUY AND SELL LASERDISCS & RETRO GAMES

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

LATEST ARRIVALS

Go down 
+5
nissling
bullruckle
SnR
PeaceMaker1
Admin
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
PeaceMaker1

PeaceMaker1

LATEST ARRIVALS - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LATEST ARRIVALS   LATEST ARRIVALS - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 4:40 am

HippieDalek wrote:
Nice, I've always meant to watch that.

It's a bit cheesy by today's standards, but it really was my first eye-opening experience of foreign TV. And it was just a damned good story. I always preferred it to MONKEY.
Back to top Go down
PeaceMaker1

PeaceMaker1

PostSubject: Today's arrival....   LATEST ARRIVALS - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 10:19 am

Complete, near mint and for the princely sum of £7.99 (I must've just caught it at the right time...?)

Spoiler:

Just £7.99, can you believe it?!
Back to top Go down
laserkb

laserkb

PostSubject: Re: LATEST ARRIVALS   LATEST ARRIVALS - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 11:11 am

OMG (as all you young people say) - I'm like soooooo jealous. To think I paid about 30 quid for my bog-standard CLV copy. Mind you, considering the number of times my grand-daughter has fished it off the shelf to watch, I still have to admit it was worth it. I would say, without fear of contradiction, that this title is my most played laserdisc. According to my 'Disc Diary'* it's been played 20 times over the past four years. Have tried weaning her off it on to TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE and RESERVOIR DOGS but to no avail. (Just kidding, honest - don't ring ChildLine!) That goody-goody princess and those unreconstructed little persons win hands down every time.

*What d'ya mean "What's a Disc Diary"? Doesn't everyone keep one. I know I do. I have to - it's the only way to keep on top of my collection of LDs and DVDs, so that when my wife says "I've never seen this rubbish - "The Monster From The Planet Zorg" - before", I can reply, "Yes, you have - we watched it on such-and-such a date." Then, smugness quotient fully restored, I can sit down and watch it all over again. Conversely, the opposite holds true too. When I'm told I MUST have played a certain title before, a quick scan of my viewing log soon proves that I haven't. Saves a lot of arguments. It's particularly useful when watching a TV series, esp. if I've let it rest for a few weeks, cos then I'm able to tell at a glance exactly which episode I've got up to. It all sounds very nerdy and anal-retentive, I know, but I'd be lost without it.
Back to top Go down
PeaceMaker1

PeaceMaker1

PostSubject: Re: LATEST ARRIVALS   LATEST ARRIVALS - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 11:16 am

laserkb wrote:
OMG (as all you young people say) - I'm like soooooo jealous. To think I paid about 30 quid for my bog-standard CLV copy. Mind you, considering the number of times my grand-daughter has fished it off the shelf to watch, I still have to admit it was worth it. I would say, without fear of contradiction, that this title is my most played laserdisc. According to my 'Disc Diary'* it's been played 20 times over the past four years. Have tried weaning her off it on to TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE and RESERVOIR DOGS but to no avail. (Just kidding, honest - don't ring ChildLine!) That goody-goody princess and those unreconstructed little persons win hands down every time.

*What d'ya mean "What's a Disc Diary"? Doesn't everyone keep one. I know I do. I have to - it's the only way to keep on top of my collection of LDs and DVDs, so that when my wife says "I've never seen this rubbish - "The Monster From The Planet Zorg" - before", I can reply, "Yes, you have - we watched it on such-and-such a date." Then, smugness quotient fully restored, I can sit down and watch it all over again. Conversely, the opposite holds true too. When I'm told I MUST have played a certain title before, a quick scan of my viewing log soon proves that I haven't. Saves a lot of arguments. It's particularly useful when watching a TV series, esp. if I've let it rest for a few weeks, cos then I'm able to tell at a glance exactly which episode I've got up to. It all sounds very nerdy and anal-retentive, I know, but I'd be lost without it.

lol! to the power of lol!
Back to top Go down
Icecapuk10

Icecapuk10

PostSubject: Re: LATEST ARRIVALS   LATEST ARRIVALS - Page 5 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 5:54 am

Just got today delivered today,

Unforgettable,
Rosewood,
Sammo Hung's The Millionaires express,
The Nutt House,
Red Corner,
Soldier,
Bowfinger,
The Haunting perfect Japanese edition with obi,
Entrapment perfect Japanese edition with obi,
Prince of Egypt,
Wild Wild West
The Assignment
One Million Years BC
Dark City
Six Days Seven Nights
War of the Roses Box set.

Delivered on Tuesday was She Devil Japanese release. Very Happy
Notting Hill
Chaplin.
Back to top Go down
laserkb

laserkb

PostSubject: Re: LATEST ARRIVALS   LATEST ARRIVALS - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 4:07 am

Icecapuk10 wrote:
Just got today delivered today,

Rosewood,

What a great bunch of discs, and so varied, too! When you get round to watching ROSEWOOD can you post a quick review of it? I bought it months ago but still haven't watched it. It looks rather bleak and downbeat, one of those worthy but ultimately depressing movies that leaves you feeling like ending it all! I'd be grateful to know what you think.

Some of the others on your list, such as THE NUTT HOUSE and RED CORNER, are new to me, too! What's your take on either of those?

Laughing

Last edited by laserkb on Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:08 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Bad grammar!)
Back to top Go down
PeaceMaker1

PeaceMaker1

PostSubject: Recent Arrivals....   LATEST ARRIVALS - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 1:33 pm

Much enjoyed additions to my collection over the last week or so...
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LATEST ARRIVALS   LATEST ARRIVALS - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

LATEST ARRIVALS
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5