DINODISC LASERDISC & RETRO GAMES
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DINODISC LASERDISC & RETRO GAMES

DINODISC IS A FORUM FOR COLLECTORS TO CHAT , BUY AND SELL LASERDISCS & RETRO GAMES

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Coloured Laserdiscs

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Coloured Laserdiscs Empty
PostSubject: Coloured Laserdiscs   Coloured Laserdiscs EmptyFri May 13, 2011 4:53 am

After buying the Evil Dead 2 red laserdisc from DinoDisc, and admin asking in the Elite Entertainment thread if anyone knew of any other coloured laserdisc releases I thought I'd start a topic.

I only have two coloured laserdiscs, the above mentioned Evil Dead 2 which is 'blood' red:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
(Picture taken by admin)

And Queen Live in Budapest CD-Video release which is 'gold'

I know that all CD-Video releases were gold, and bullruckle mentioned that all Japanese rentals were also coloured yellow (I assume same as the gold ones), but is that it? I've not come across any others, just red and yellow.

Does anyone know of any more?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Coloured Laserdiscs   Coloured Laserdiscs EmptyFri May 13, 2011 5:17 am

another gold disc

with coloured discs being a bit of a novelty I thought I would add these recycled laserdiscs , sorry if its a bit off topic.

Back to top Go down
https://dinodisc.forumotion.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Coloured Laserdiscs   Coloured Laserdiscs EmptyFri May 13, 2011 5:53 am

Admin wrote:
with coloured discs being a bit of a novelty I thought I would add these recycled laserdiscs , sorry if its a bit off topic.

Haha, I don't mind at all. I've seen laserdiscs used as many things before, but never an ashtray.

Cheers for the info on The Return of the Living Dead.
Back to top Go down
AvanteProject

PostSubject: Re: Coloured Laserdiscs   Coloured Laserdiscs EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:45 am

Wow, that's awesome!

On topic, I really want to get the red Evil Dead II disc!
Back to top Go down
PeaceMaker1

PeaceMaker1

PostSubject: Re: Coloured Laserdiscs   Coloured Laserdiscs EmptyFri May 13, 2011 8:48 am

Admin wrote:

Sad Sacrilege!!!! That's a....STAR TREK Laserdisc...I mean, how could they? Star Trek!

You don't dis The Shatz!

( Wink )
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coloured Laserdiscs   Coloured Laserdiscs EmptyFri May 13, 2011 9:09 am

AvanteProject wrote:
I really want to get the red Evil Dead II disc!

I just got a copy from DinoDisc and it is beautiful, well worth tracking down. It doesn't come up on ebay in the UK too often but if you're willing to pay for postage from the US then it isn't too hard to get.

I've not had a chance to watch it properly yet but I gave it a quick spin and the picture quality is excellent, the small snippet of the commentary I listened to was hilarious and it's got a few good special features on there too.

PeaceMaker1 wrote:
Sad Sacrilege!!!! That's a....STAR TREK Laserdisc...I mean, how could they? Star Trek!

You don't dis The Shatz!

( Wink )

lol. Perhaps it rotted or got broken. At least it's still serving a purpose.
Back to top Go down
PeaceMaker1

PeaceMaker1

PostSubject: Re: Coloured Laserdiscs   Coloured Laserdiscs EmptyFri May 13, 2011 9:15 am

HippieDalek wrote:

I just got a copy from DinoDisc and it is beautiful, well worth tracking down. It doesn't come up on ebay in the UK too often but if you're willing to pay for postage from the US then it isn't too hard to get.

I've not had a chance to watch it properly yet but I gave it a quick spin and the picture quality is excellent, the small snippet of the commentary I listened to was hilarious and it's got a few good special features on there too.

I would really like to track one down too, but I cannot do it yet as my family and I are going to a memorabilia/signing event in Milton Keynes at the end of the month so all funds are being set in reserve for it.

But one day...!
Back to top Go down
laserkb

laserkb

PostSubject: Re: Coloured Laserdiscs   Coloured Laserdiscs EmptyFri May 13, 2011 1:17 pm

I turned one into a wall clock (sorry, can't get a picture of it). Well, actually I didn't do it. A watch-repairer in our local market hall did it for me for a tenner, but it keeps great time and is quite a talking point.
Back to top Go down
AvanteProject

PostSubject: Re: Coloured Laserdiscs   Coloured Laserdiscs EmptyFri May 13, 2011 6:29 pm

About the Evil Dead II commentary, if it's the same as the one from the DVD then it's awesome! Informative and hilarious!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coloured Laserdiscs   Coloured Laserdiscs Empty

Back to top Go down

Coloured Laserdiscs
Page 1 of 1